4-29-07 - FLR SCCA Auto-X @ RIT

Walking over to watch momentarily…

I put spf60 on twice and I am still burned - wtf?

Yeah dude the sun was harsh today. My italian buddy got burned. I felt bad for severely irish people who were out there all day. lol.

I went for a few minutes. They should really put up more notifications around the school for events like this. The only reason I heard about it was because my buddy woke up to the revving engines and squealing tires. Then he called me at like 2pm.

Was a fun fun day… I co-drove and beat the owner. Best time for me was a 61.6.

Observation: I like turbo cars…several people gave me double takes when they heard me get on it. The 350z I drove I got behind the wheel of for the first time Fri night, did the test and tune to try to learn it as best as I could on Sat, and then regular autocrossed it on Sun. Considering the circumstances, I’m really happy with my time.

It was nice meeting/shooting the shit with some more of you :slight_smile:

Edit: And I reapplied SPF 40 3 times during the day (4 times on my face) and stayed sunburn free!

[quote=“Silver,post:24,topic:28198"”]

And I reapplied SPF 40 3 times during the day (4 times on my face) and stayed sunburn free!

[/quote]

I am a transparent, pinkish hue. I tend to burn by thinking about sunlight.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:25,topic:28198"”]

I am a transparent, pinkish hue. I tend to burn by thinking about sunlight.

[/quote]

X2. I had fun though and I will be red for the next few days.

Was a fun fun day… I co-drove and beat the owner. Best time for me was a 61.6.

[/quote]

i told you that you could, all you had to do was go out there and make it happen. i totaly missed that run too, i passed out in the back of the SHO for a while. got woken up for the awards, was damn happy to hear them say you beat dave in his own car :slight_smile:

and for all you guys that got burnt , try a hoodie, works wonders :slight_smile:

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:27,topic:28198"”]

and for all you guys that got burnt , try a hoodie, works wonders :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Yeah I got burned like crazy lol…

Oh yeah I just posted pics in the general automotive section too for anyone thats interested…

Edit: And I reapplied SPF 40 3 times during the day (4 times on my face) and stayed sunburn free!

[/quote]

I call :bsflag:your back was red as hell too way early in the day

I got a few of your runs on video. i’ll get them posted when i get the chance.

[quote=“somedude,post:29,topic:28198"”]

I call :bsflag:your back was red as hell too way early in the day

I got a few of your runs on video. i’ll get them posted when i get the chance.

[/quote]

That’s cause I burned two weekends ago while out painting my wheels, haha! It was still fading from that… but today I’ve got just a nice deep tan (and really defined tan line from that shirt) on my back/top of my chest/arms/face.

Video of myself vs dave (dave just edged me out…fooker).
http://www.thewolff.com/gallery/2007-Videos

Haha, that’s a lot of fun to watch.

haha you were ahead for a good bit of the race. it was neat to watch it like that.

[quote=“somedude,post:33,topic:28198"”]

haha you were ahead for a good bit of the race. it was neat to watch it like that.

[/quote]

See, slow and steady wins the race:D, which actually wierd comming from me since I’m the one that spends most of the run sideways.

It is intresting to see the “give and take” though, and how what you do in one spot affects what you can do at the next.

fun course, slow, but fun… disappointed w. timing issues, i registered months ago online and somehow FLR allowed someone else to register for the event with my number (same class) so someone dropped the ball and started posting his times under my runs and somehow my 2nd run time got “lost”. i asked for the audit 2 times, and no progress…

Howdy SR,

Your issue actually came up and was discussed at the post event recap/evaluation. The registration system blocks duplicate numbers, but will need to be changed to address leading zeroes. It was an unfortunate situation, but it won’t happen again. The audit was done, but the results were not reliable since not all of the workers knew what to do with the “03” number.

You had a very good day driving. The Beetle is a force to be reckoned with!

George M (AS 91)

I think I heard about this issue. Pre-Reg accepted both 03 and 3 in the same class, because to the computer, they were different numbers.

When it came to the actual event, people were calling in 3 instead of 03, and/or the computer was slightly confused because putting in 03 automatically gets truncated to 3.

Don’t know what the outcome was, but it just sounds like one of those things that you don’t think of until the problem arises :confused:

Welcome to the hell that is Timing and Scoring :slight_smile:

well ill be back for the 3rd event in the beetle :), unfortunately i have gratuation on the same day as xerox, thanks for looking into things…

01audiS4 thanks for sending this to me it made my day.

Thanks for coming out to our first event of the season at R.I.T. It was a beautiful day with a challenging course layout. The turnout was very good, which made the event run a little slow with four runs rather than the usual five. There were 37 out of 124 total entrants in the Novice class.

The first place finisher in the Novice class was Edwin Jeffries in his A Stock STI. He was just a half of a tenth of a second ahead of Matt Dabski in the Beetle. Either one would have trophied in the open Road Tire class. Ed and Matt were 48 and 49 in overall pax, well into the top half of the overall entry field.

Mike Durkin in the Street Mod SRT-4 was 3rd in the Novice Class, and actually had the fastest raw time of the Novices by almost a second. He was also named as “The Most Exciting Novice Performance” for the event.

Aaron Happ (4th) - D Stock BMW 530, and Matt Tranter (6th) - STX Saturn Redline, win the “Mr Clean” Novice award for being at or near the top of the Novice class while having all runs without penalties.

Kevin Kaschube (5th) in the A Stock BMW Z4 gets the “Most Improved” during the event award dropping several seconds as the day went forward.

The Novice Conekiller of the day goes to Phillip Lacy in the G Stock Olds Achieva with five total cones. Also noteworthy was Alex Bable in the interesting Street Mod Taurus. He hit four cones and didn’t have a clean run. Yet even fighting a tough SM index in an unorthodox car for the class AND having a cone on his fastest run still managed to finish 13 th overall, just out of the trophies. Had he missed that one cone, his 62.0 would have been the second fastest raw Novice time overall.