10 Months of work conclude this past weekend...

As some of you know I work for IRWIN Industrial Tools, specifically as the Consumer Promotions & Events Manager for our Motorsports Marketing program.

For the last ten months I have been working on a promotion called the Ultimate Tradesman Challenge. Basically a skilled contest where you have to measure, mark, and drill a 2x6 using IRWIN products. Thrity fastest times at local events, qualified for three regional events, and then we end ed up with three final Tradesman competing in Phoenix for the title. Winner, Bruce Quigley from Clarkston, Mi took home a custom Roush Stage 3 F-150 (worth $60,000) and $30,000 cash from the regional and final events. He also won trips to see the Texas and Phoenix NASCAR races.

The full story was just released on NASCAR.com.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/business/11/13/irwin.challenge.winner/index.html

He had a shot at winning $1.26MM if he picked the correct tool bag from 26 total. (like deal or no deal) He picked bag 13, when the big check was in bag 14. His buddy told him to pick 14 before he went up. Now he has to listen to “I told you to pick 14” for the rest of his life…

It’s pretty rewarding to see a promotion go from original concept to completition while far exceeding original metrics. In total, we had 150 events, 9,000 competitors, and over 50,000 people attending shows across the country. If anyone is still reading this long post, and you are interested in competing, we will be holding a UTC 2 in 2008. check www.irwinchallenge.com for details.

Xander and Jeller flew out to Phoenix to attend the Championship event and the race. This was just a bonus as they were really there to party it up in Scottsdale and visit AKA-Ferrari who recently moved out to there.

Here we are sort of enjoying the race. Yes, it was boring, but it was free.

cliffs: I spent almost a year working on a promotion and some dude from Michigan won a bunch of cool shit. oh, and Xander, Jeller, and Aka-Ferrari were in Phoenix enjoying the weekend with me.

That’s pretty cool :tup:

My girlfriend is the development director at The Red Cross, so I know what kind of work goes into putting together much smaller events; I can only imagine what you went through.

Good job.

boring? you got to see my boy jimmie pretty much lock up the championship :tup:

great idea. sorry to say that i hadn’t heard of it.

Awesome work.

i always try to buy irwin where applicable, since a few of your posts a couple years ago.

:tup:

[quote=“Joe,post:3,topic:38670"”]

boring? you got to see my boy jimmie pretty much lock up the championship :tup:

[/quote]

He won his fourth race in a row and tenth this season. The fans are starting to hate him for winning so much.

I enjoy almost any form of racing, but this is like my 95th race over 4 years, so it is getting a bit boring. Luckily, I can cruise down and watch the race from the pits or team transporter and then leave before the 3 hour traffic jams start…

Nice guys hope you had a great time

:tup:

looks awesome