100,000 votes to bring back the El Camino?

I’m sure that a lot of people have heard about this already but I figured I would post it in case some people haven’t.

Apparently someone at GM said that if 100,000 people comment on a post on Jalopnik to bring back the El Camino that they might actually do it.

So far it looks like it’s struggling with only about 3,000 posts. Come on, who doesn’t want it to come back?

That man needs to be fired.

If they did, it would probably just be a rebadged Holden like they did with the GTO.

Holden Ute:
http://www.free-photos.biz/images/luxury/silver/holden_ute_silver.jpg

I’m ok with that. I’m still sore that the G8 is gone.

Here’s why I would be ok with it:

https://youtu.be/jjM9PkJ9-5g

That’s badass.

Bump because no one cared the first time! lol

1,000,000 likes to reduce weezy’s prison sentence.

Can I vote to keep it away? For the good of GM? I mean, I know they sold literally tens of those SSR’s which were basically the same thing, but I think that market has been served.

If this is true it’s why GM will remain in the shitter. “Hey, if we get 100k internet votes lets build a car that no one who voted has any financial obligation to buy!”

Do tax payers still have a stake in GM?

Haha I never understood the SSR, I don’t think anyone else did either. That was the problem.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

You’re right it’s definitely crazy but I know they wouldn’t let themselves be held to it.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

At least we know we have our priorities straight. Even if you don’t like the El Camino, that’s nuts.

FWIW - the SSR was never a serious machine. Since it was built off the Trailblazer platform, it was neither light nor stiff, and therefore performed horribly, even with the V8.

The Ute is much lighter, and theoretically with the V6 can do much better in fuel economy (and performance); and perhaps bump GM’s CAFE numbers for pickups a bit - or at least moreso than the Colorado. The current Ute gets around 20 mpg - and that’s with the old 3.6L V6 (like the V6 in the G8, not the newer DI one in the Camaro)

The problem with bringing in any Holden vehicles is the dollar being in the toilet. It’s very expensive to bring in vehicles built elsewhere when the dollar is down, which was why the GTO was never able to match the Mustang on price.

I would rather have 3 smashed dicks stapled to my forehead than see this fucking abortion rolling around. They are fucking considering this piece of vaginal blood fart goodness but axed the G8 Sportwagen-FUCKING BRILLIANT

Who is going to buy it? I’m sure if you’re living in a trailer park, you can’t afford a new car…

The state of the dollar is much different than when the GTO’s were being brought over. Even in 05 Ford was considering bringine over some Aussie cars but a Falcon would have to sell for $70K here for them to break even. Also, the GTO was a much better bang for the buck car than the Mustang. How much cheaper do people expect an LS1/LS2 car with 350/400hp to be? The $30K or whatever the price of it was was a GREAT buy, people are just fucking cheap bastards.

I agree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFYO43UCMYE&feature=related

I also agree with the last sentence.

Yeah you’re right that was a great buy for $30k.

Haha

+1…