Chevy Considers Return Of The El Camino.....

I used to hate the older style, but the new ones don’t look too bad.

Now if they really want to sell some, an LS9 or at least a LS7 would be a nice!

Since the Pontiac G8 sport truck failed…

Oh, perfect. Another abomination for GM to waste millions on developing and marketing. Seems like they learned their lesson those ones.

This car is going to be loved by lesbians. Hell, the Subaru Baja failed miserably…And they’ve cornered that market.

SSR

nuff said

Hideous.

this could be sweet if they do it right. that means a real engine (lsx) and good styling, (not what’s in the article.) that one looks like a monte carlo, which is not a good thing.

Just bring back the chevelle, screw this el camino crap.

How about chevy makes vehicles that are more reliable and practical and what the average consumer wants to buy?

Toyota, VW, Honda don’t have big fucking retro vehicles. I just don’t get it. When you already have the Camaro, why re-hash the same fucking thing? It makes ZERO sense. Nobody is going to buy this without first considering a Camaro.

Ew.

Agreed. They need to come up with something from scratch to create a buzz instead of bringing back to life an old one.

Yuk…

I bet fans of those nascar trucks have boners right now…

:io:

They actually have a bunch of these style vehicles in South America, so there was probably minimal development. Do I think it is a good idea for the US, no.

All that is is a Holden Maloo from Australia so the development costs can’t be that high. I fucking HATE those utes. They had an AMAZING Holden sport wagon they were considering bringing over to the states, think GB GT wagon, 6L V8, with a 6speed tranny, but they decided no Americans would buy one.

Ha. my first car was an 85 el camino.

this has got to be a joke. what a waste of time

Lol

I hope this retro thing dies soon…

ugh. fucking HATE those cars. Just buy a truck if you want something with a bed. I think Pontiac should bring back the Trans Am.

I find it hilarious how the American companies just go retro to spur some sales volume, while everyone else just comes up with new vehicles/technology…

looks like they just cut the rear roof of a monte