180/240sx question

hey i dont know if this is the place to ask but i was wondering i have a 240sx and i want a sr swap and some other things, but i was thinking if i was to buy a 180sx it would be cheaper to take out the sr and the other misc parts that i need right, and its possible would anything else change since it was a rhd liek the firewall or anything? or is it a str8 on process? is this recommended for a small budget ive been lookin at the 180s and i would save alot of money if i were to buy one and just swap the shit out into a 240

if i was you i would just buy the engine and whatever else the other things are seperately or look for a built motor if the extras were to do this as lots of places sell engines
Autodream ( OUR SPONSER!!!)
speedtech
Jdmsource
Import Concern
pretty sure 4Xtoys might even have something
and so on and so forth

most SR20’s are from anywhere from 1500$ to 2300$
and most shops cost like 1500-2000 to put it in but i would recommend installing it yourself and there you go that extra money goes to buy the other stuff
did that help?

but for a poor mans build wouldnt it be better to take the parts off a 180 and to put it onto a 240 and its already built

My head hurts from reading that.

where are you going to get a 180 for less than around 3 grand you could have the basics to have the engine in and running, if you buy a 180 keep it and drive it ???

What he said ^^^

ive done the swap, ive bought 2 240 shells bought an engine and another 3000 in parts to get it running and they way i wanted it, all together ive invested about 6 grand so far into my 240 should be able to make another 500 back on selling extra parts and shit, to give you an idea of how much a swap would cost

if you want cheap RWD nissan with turbo power, just buy JDM. Yeah they aren’t usually perfect, dents, scratches, loose body panels, worn suspension etc… But if all you want is 200+HP in a S13 it’s alot cheaper to buy a car with the parts already in it than building your own.

I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t build your own, just seems like you want to do this cheap.

Cheap, JDM, Nissan, and turbo do not go together in the same sentence, lol. I think either way you should be prepared to spend some money.

I would disagree. If you shop around, JDM’s don’t have to be expensive for a nice condition car. Mine sure wasn’t.
I could never have build a car for the price i bought mine at. And I’m not alone, I have a couple friends with jdm’s and most of them got great deals as well.

However, on the flip side. you have to be willing to spend money no matter what you end up doing. any used car could be a ticking time bomb. any 15+ year old car will need something!

6000 bucks will get you a nice jdm s13.