180sx parts suggestions.

Ok in a few months i will be moving up to canada and i will be able to get the 1990 180sx RS13 from japan that is waiting for me. Well I was wondering what your suggestions for upgrades would be. I have about $10,000 US to spend on parts. I am wanting your recomendations on the fallowing parts.

Suspension:
Exhaust:
Intercooler:
Air Intake:
Brake Upgrade:
Turbo:
Any thing else you would suggest:

I know i could probably find out all of this infomation by searching through the forum but i am to tired to .

You should talk to scott from typhoon imports about getting a car that already as some mods.

He seems to have some really nice 180’s.

first u need to know what ur goals are for power, response, driveability, etc!

once we konw that we can help u gout.

Also geting a car already pimped in Japan isnt the best anwser if you want a pimped ride. If the car in Japan has a ton of parts on it its a damn good chance that the car was drivin hard and the parts were put to work. The Japanese dont pimp a car to not use it.

Where you moving from???

Silk Rooooooad I really have no experience with those suspensions :stuck_out_tongue: but I’ve literally read nothing but good things about their coilovers. I can comment on Tein Flex though! Great setup for daily driving/drift duty.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Suspension: high end - Silk Road, Kei Office, lower end (but still great) - Megan, K2
Exhaust: 3" turbo back exhaust. get one made at your local pipe bender for cheaper than other systems. here, we can get mandrel bent stainless for about $300 installed. choose your muffler 1st. i prefer the Apexi world sport - it’s very quiet, and if u buy the cat back system, it has a muffler and a resonator big enough to be a 2nd muffler. very quiet.
Intercooler: HKS, Spearco and greddy all make FMICs. ARC makes a SMIC. mine’s a spearco that measures only 24"x7.5"X3.5" and is good for 510hp with only 1 psi drop. u don’t need a massive 24X12 FMIC. piping can also be done at a custom exhaust shop. or u can buy some kits from ebay.
Air Intake: custom make to fit 300zx MAF.
Brake Upgrade: slotted rotors and pads will do. if u decide to upgrade, i’d suggest something really high end, or nothing at all, cuz some big brake kits just add alot of un needed weight. Endless would be my choice, with +1 size rotors and 4 pot calipers.
Turbo: any GT series or new T04 ball bearing turbos. depending on your power goals:
GT25/GT28 from 300hp up to 400hp. GT30 350+, T04 i don’t know, but i’d guess 400+
Any thing else you would suggest: don’t cheap out on engine management. i bought an S-afc to manage my new MAF and bigger injectors, and the car runs poorly below boost. it definitely needs better ignition tuning and fuel map tuning offered by standalone units, like AEM EMS or Power FC, or a chipped ECU.