Importing a 180sx

Hey, Im looking into buying a 1990 180sx through William at JDM Connection. And was wondering if anyone has dealt with him b4, and wat their experience was like(good or bad)
He seems like an honest guy, but im a little leary about buy a car that i cant see. So any feedback would be greatly apprieciated.

Also, i was wondering if anyone could provide me a link to a list of parts that r cross-compatable from a Japanese to North American model s13. Mostly to do with chassis stuff incase anything shows up on the safety inspection wen i go to insure the car.

Thanks, :slight_smile:

I think almost everything would be interchangeable, except the obvious things like steering rack, dash, all the RHD/LHD type stuff.

Although there could be more that’s different than what I’m assuming here.

since owning my 180 i have noticed these parts so far are not interchangable…

Clutch, transmission, brakes (don’t know why i think i have different brakes than S13 ones), water pump

but ya thats all that i have had to change so far but usually people on this site have spares just sitting around of the above list

Clutch—>KADE Clutch=CADET Clutch

Transmission-----> Swap the bellhousing and put on a KA Transmission

Brakes—> Im sure you can get pads for those shitty CA brake, or just Upgrade them because CA18 brakes are garbage or get KA or SR brakes

Water pump…Hmmmm i wonder why the pump from my pathfinder doesnt fit my
240sx??? … must be cause onecar is JDM and the other is USDM…yea thats it… Maybe its the fact that the CA is differnt from the Ka just like the VG is differnet from the KA etc. Go figure different engine have different parts.

Next time you decide to give someone advice on things you think you know about , shut up , think about what your going to say, research a little to make sure that shit thats coming out of your mouth isnt going to be turned back on you tby a guy like me who has a USDM s13 but knows more about a JDM s13 than you know, even though you own the car. Eventhough you have crashed it like 5 fucking times and had to replace nearly half the parts on the car. Maybe after you consider all this you can open you mouth and say whatever the fuck you were thinking of saying.

One more thing S13 is a chassis code…not a USDM 240sx like you keep refering to it as.

Oh, my god, lol, Flavio is on a rampage. :supz:

uumm…ok can i ask why your so pissed off? i was just saying what i thought, i knew about the whole bell housing switch but ya a simple correction might have done don’t you think…seriously i’m sick and tired of the assholes here on NECC i didn’t do anything to you so please the next time you feel like being an asshole :stfu:

I got my 180 through William, although he already imported it and then put it up for sale. He seems very resputible (if thats the word I’m looking for lol). Both me and my friends got our cars through him and I will definatly go back when I want to buy another. Oh and as for brakes, my 180 needed new ones, the backs are the same as the same model year 240’s but the fronts just go with an S14 they are the same I believe.

LOL I LOVE IT :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

When you try to give advice make sure it is truthfull.

Think what you want to think but i hate it when people give advice about shit when they dont even know what they are talking about. Your not a NooB to this whole S13 thing, so i would think that you could give better advice considering the amount of work you have done on your car.
:static:

Technically, no one is liable for any advice given on a forum. States so right in the forum rules.

I could tell you to clean out your engine by putting sand into the intake, and if you did it, that your own problem.

oooooooooooo i have a park that is soooo close to my house, ill post the results tommorow!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

never listening to Aaron again :lol:

:partyman: can’t we all just get along…

sorry i had nothing really useful to post… perhaps i shouldn’t have, but i felt the need to…

Party on wayne…

i’ve got no problem getting along with others it’s just that when people post something like that towards me i’m gonna defend myself… but what ever i don’t care no more :smiley: so let’s just all be happy like this guy ----> :E

And lets hope Dave(MyGTR) doesnt read this. :lol:

why what’s wrong with what i said?

never listening to Aaron again :lol:[/quote]

Haha. What’s funny is that this took place on another auto forum somewhere. Somebody told a NOOB to do that to his engine to clean it out, like a valve job, and the other dude did it!!! Then came back and wondered what was wrong with the engine now. lol.