180sx RIM IDEAS (HELP!!!)

ok. i’ve got a black 90 180sx. i’ve got it lowered (slammed lol) on tien coilovers and i want to upgrade my rims here for the summer. my original choice for rims were Racing Hart J8 Pro’s. i fell in love with them when i sam them. i found out last week that they are only made in 19". way too big for my platform. my thread here is to ask for some ideas as to a set of rims i should get. ive looked through all the super street mags, import tuner, PAS, and Modified mags for ideas. Checked all fourms and searched google. im having no luck. i am very picky as rims make or break your car.

I want something that is simple yet stands out. I like skinny spoke wheels and i want something with a polished lip and a dish. my original thought is to have 18x10 in the rear and 17x7.5 in the front with the appropriate sized rubber to suit the stance. my budget at first was all rims but now i want something that looks good but not way outta the pocket as i want to do wother things such as recaros and FMIC and HKS Exhuast.

If anyone can help me out with some possible wheel combos it would be greatly appreciated as i am running out of time to decide . by the time i order and they get here i want them to be here by the time i roll out my car from winter storage in about a month to 8 weeks.

Heres a pic of my car as a visual aid.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/Nissan_fcuk/12t.jpg

Thanks

Brad

7.5 in the front? what is this a front wheel drive? :lol: grow some hair and get some 9s.

Ive got some 16" P1’s 8’s and 9’s plus 30ish. Fits good on S13. Let me know if your interested.

Just get some of those dope spinner hub caps :wink:

Is that car from import concern? Rocking the CA still?

Oh man, if I’m not mistaken, I’m 99% sure that that’s the 180sx from hell that I had brought in for me through IC. I never took delivery of that thing because of all the strut tower rust and the hole in the strut tower. The thing would have never passed OOP unless there was some expensive body work done on it.

Why don’t you keep the rims? Those should be authentic Watanabes, but if I remember right, the paint was chipping off of them.

there was a thread about that one here a while ago … search

Enkei Rs5’s

or

Advan 3 spoke splits.

there was a thread about that one here a while ago … search[/quote]

I just finished searching and I couldn’t find a thing about it. I used keywords such as “180sx” “rust” “strut tower” “hole” “importconcern”, but couldn’t find a thing on this specific car. Maybe I’m just using the wrong keywords. The body shops I checked, turned down any strut tower repair due to safety concerns and the car shouldn’t be on the road unless it was fixed properly. Just a heads up to the new owner of the car. :E But if it was fixed, you’ve got yourself a nice car and I hope you enjoy it!

How about getting a set of 5zigen FN01R’s just like all of the other 240/180’s in n-e-c-c?

there was a thread about that one here a while ago … search[/quote]

I just finished searching and I couldn’t find a thing about it. I used keywords such as “180sx” “rust” “strut tower” “hole” “importconcern”, but couldn’t find a thing on this specific car. Maybe I’m just using the wrong keywords. The body shops I checked, turned down any strut tower repair due to safety concerns and the car shouldn’t be on the road unless it was fixed properly. Just a heads up to the new owner of the car. :E But if it was fixed, you’ve got yourself a nice car and I hope you enjoy it!

How about getting a set of 5zigen FN01R’s just like all of the other 240/180’s in n-e-c-c?[/quote]

yes because a lightweight and tough wheels is always a bad choice…

sell me those watanabe’s ill make good use of em! :smiley:

Haha you must’ve understood me, I love the design of the wheels, but lately, I’ve been finding them a more than common sight on S13’s.

I’d also hit up Hoshino Racing Impuls or Work Equip 02 wheels, but not everyone is into that kind of a look.

[quote=“Mr_SARS”]Oh man, if I’m not mistaken, I’m 99% sure that that’s the 180sx from hell that I had brought in for me through IC. I never took delivery of that thing because of all the strut tower rust and the hole in the strut tower. The thing would have never passed OOP unless there was some expensive body work done on it.

[quote]

I was also looking at it before, i called to inquire about it and they said it had a rod knock at 110 xxxkm… :rolleyes:

[quote=“Mr_SARS”]

Haha you must’ve understood me, I love the design of the wheels, but lately, I’ve been finding them a more than common sight on S13’s.

I’d also hit up Hoshino Racing Impuls or Work Equip 02 wheels, but not everyone is into that kind of a look.[/quote]

Naw, I just like sarcasm…

http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Motegi&wheelmodel=Touge+-+Gloss+Black

Cheap, 4 lug, 18x10 and 17x9.

17x7.5??? LOL. 19 inch is way too big just get 17s. most big rims or “expensive” wheels would only be 5 lug only so i would recoomend a 5 lug swap.

Yes this car is imported through import concern. no this isnt the car that had rust on the strut towers nor did it have a rod knock. the only rust is on the JDM pass side rear quater and its only a small bubble. this is still rocking the CA yes and is running perfect with perfect compression. i just had to clear that up.

You can find really nice 4 lug wheels that are wide. They are harder to find than 5 lug but they are out there, and don’t forget work, rays, and lots of other JDM wheel makers will let you custom order a set in any PCD, width or offset. They will just take 6-9 weeks

[quote=“Ca_Silvia”][quote=“Mr_SARS”]Oh man, if I’m not mistaken, I’m 99% sure that that’s the 180sx from hell that I had brought in for me through IC. I never took delivery of that thing because of all the strut tower rust and the hole in the strut tower. The thing would have never passed OOP unless there was some expensive body work done on it.

I was also looking at it before, i called to inquire about it and they said it had a rod knock at 110 xxxkm… :rolleyes:

different 180sx from IC

nooo flavio dont do it … I am sick of these wheels