1954 chevy C1500

Do want you want. there is no right answer SHeeSH

im asking for fact to enforce your opinion. i have the 305 bored 4" over with a 4 barrel holley carb and built tranny already on my frame. i also have a dirty 350 that would need alot of work to be nice. Everyone seems to think the 350 is better and i want to know why so i can make my own opinion

Was not my opinion, You have me confused for a Chebby fan

I have one opinion, Junk the whole idea. Buy a mustang.

BlkP42E why is a 350 better?

cause 305’s are turds

do you have a reason for beleiving that? have you had problems with them before? are 305’s known to be unreliable? do stock 350’s have more power then a bored 305?

that doesnt tell me why the are not desireable. im probably going to get my truck started with the 305 while building the 350 but i dont get why everyone hates 305s so much.

Same reason I hate BlkP42E, They both do not put out too much :bj:

so they dont have good horsepower? good enough reason just toke forever to get you to say it.

Now will the 4 barrel holley carb. on my 305 fit my 350?

Throw in the 305 say its a 350. No one will ever know.

Yes

ok then my plan now is to leave the 305 in but switch the holley carb. for the carb. from the 350 and finish my truck. when the truck is done ill put the holley carb. on the 350 and build it up and sell/junk the 305

The bill for this is information is $59.82
Accept all major credit cards and Money Orders.

^^ Fuck that it should pay alot more than $59.82.

Holy shit dude. You are too supportive of the 305. You ain’t gonna bore it to 4" as there won’t be any material left. Usually .060 is about the max you want to bore a SBC without sonically checking it. 4" - 3.75" is .250". .250" is more than 4 times .060" There won’t be any material left in the cylinder walls.

i mean its already bored to 4" not boring it 4"s more. im not supportive over the 305 or the 350 idk much about either im use to working with 6cylinder oldsmobile engines i was just trying to get fact to make my own opinion

Just could not let the thread die could you :spank:

^^ nope.

Iced Pepe, you suck at reading, writing, learning.

Learn to use Google.

YES!

if your block is already bored out and the walls and pistons are fine. then just freshend it up with a set of new bearings. maybe rings if needed.

once a block is bored its not longer the original size.

ive seen 293 blocks punched out .120 and run with no issues. doing this nets you a 347 [speaking in general]

again if your motor is already done and nothing is wrong with it as for rotating assembly toss in fresh bearings, maybe a cam and decent intake

u cant take a 305 block to = a 350,350 with 305 head or fing 96 & newer 350 vortec heads,a 305 block is just flat out srcap metal!