wtb 350 preferably w/vortec heads

im looking for a low mile 350 to throw in my car, preferably a vortec factory roller motor but will consider others. looking to spend 500 or under

good luck.
I have a 91 votrec from a truck, spun a bearing probably going to need a crank because of it
250$ the top ends off the engine, was getting ready to rebuild and went a different direction.

i dont think they made vortecs in 91, there mostly found in newer trucks and suvs

it needs to be a good running motor, if i wanted to rebuild one id build the 350 i have but id rather just drop a running one in and throw some boltons on it for now

they did.

this is the earlier vortec motor, its non roller but it is center bolt

vortecs arent based on the valve cover bolt pattern, there based on whether thay have the high flowing vortec heads tbi van and truck engines are not usually vortec motors

uhhh wrong

Vortec is a trademarked name for a line of piston engines for General Motors trucks. The name first appeared in 1986 on a 4.3 L V6 but is now used on a wide range of different engines.

hahaha yeah, theres also 2 versions of the v8 vortec heads one are high flow and the other, no better than regular heads.

i didnt post again because i already felt like i was whoren his thread.

fine i want to buy a running 350 post what you have

and good luck finding a running 350 vortec out of a newer fullsize for under $500

it can be a older style motor it dosnt matter just have to have relatively low miles or been rebuilt recently

again, a rebuild kit for a Vortec costs more than $500, ask me how I know.

no it dosnt go to enginekits.com

Wasnt every SBC after 89 a roller block?

no, the 96 tbi i have now isnt

this thread is full of stupidity.

I was reffering to the block being equipt with the tapped holes for the spyder. Not that every engine came with a roller cam. 96 and non-roller??? really?

oo ok

shh

Ok i cant/wont argue with someone of your vast knowledge. cough…cough
do you even know what a taped boss for a spyder on a sbc is?