wtb 350 preferably w/vortec heads

kinda

:banghead:

congrats you listed a site that doesn’t support any sbc after '92

they dont sell a kit for past 92 but piston rings and other rebuild items will interchange so you could still rebuild a motor for cheaper than the 500+ posted above

You had to get money from your mom for my wing right? How you gonna pay for this?

i work now dummy thats how

o ya haha im still trying to get a job.

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is possibly one of the best threads i have read in some time. Please do go on.

Lies, this thread reeks of aids

Wait, I thought Stooped was telling us he was going to have a fast running car this year. Now, he doesnt even have an engine…let alone and idea of what Vortec parts he needs.

As always though…a thread stooped starts is ALWAYS entertaining and full of stupid. :tup:

trust me it will be fast, im just lookign for a better starting point rather then building the one i have sitting on the engine stand

try WNYfbody?

craigslist?

looked on both nothing i like so far

In my opinion you would be much better off going through the engine you have.What if you buy another one only to find out it is beat.I would go threw the engine you have and you would know it was done right. and should last awhile.I am buy far no chevy guy but it sounds like the chances are you wont find 1 for $500 and if you do without going through it you are taking a chance.Call the junk yard,they will probably tell you they have one that only has 30,000 mile when it really has 130,000.Probably tell you that it runs great but they wont mention that it burns oil.

ya but it would end up costing alot more, where if i get a vortec motor with the factory roller cam it already has roller rockers and good heads so thats money saved

Rochester too

???

I wasn’t going to post this up since I don’t know how closely it matches your description…but I have a 350 currently in a '55 Chevy for sale. I don’t know too much about the engine other than it has a 4 barrel, iron heads, and runs. Turbo 350 bolted up to it as well. I could dig deeper should you need more info, car is in the garage.

Again, not sure what you’re looking for…but this falls into the ‘will consider others’ comment.

how much? and any idea on mileage?

For some reason I keep picturing him coming home with a 4.3L vortec.

Have you thought about doing say a 5.3L? They also bolt up to th350/400’s. Then just run megasqurt. You’d have about 300hp out of the box. I’ve seen them sell motor and tranny for ~$600 then sell the 4x4 tranny.

you want to play you gotta pay going fast is not cheap