1975 Honda CB550 cafe bike build!

i dont know if your on sportriders.org, but that was an awesome local site when i had my bike. i bought/ traded alot of stuff on there. it doesnt get much traffic, but there are knowledgeable/very professional guys over there.

if your in need of parts for anything, facebreaker (tom) works at hebler’s and can usually get the parts without breaking the bank.

I have a spare you can have but its going to need new o-rings…I also have a number for a vintage bike salvage warehouse in lockport…

Kohl’s Cycle 433-3903. Sometimes they dont answer and you have to leave a message or keep trying…

awesome, ill call ya within the next week for it. Right now things are kinda hectic with the newborn. Ill also try that number and see what i can find. luckily theres a ton of cb350 fanatics out there so theres a decent aftermarket.

no prob, the shop is right down the street from Twisted’s house on randsom rd. in lancaster…I have it there. PM me for my number

sat on this bike myself and it is mad comfortable.
i want one.

very cool man, glad to see someone doing something with this bike

and daryl’s a good dude, he welded my exhaust on the cackord a while back. his dad is burly as fuck!

fuck ya…daryl’s dad Shag is the fucking man lol. He came to visit one night and was like “so who is thirsty” as he walks in with a 30pack of coors light lol.

hey man, looks awesome, i want something like that for my first bike…someoen on d-series.org is fix up pretty much the same bike, i think…take a look

Good work nick, I cant fucking wait to see the end result, I find myself being drawn more and more to theses old bobber style bikes. UGH dont get me thinking. very cool project.

i typically hate these style bikes, but for some reason i cant wait to see the finished project. :tup:

wow it feels like i was watching nick work on this today. oh wait cause i was and its finally starting to look like a bike again. cant wait to get myself one and make nick do all the work.

and bobbyg the rangers awsome excpt for those 2 little incidents. its getting a 5/7 drop and some bullit wheels before spring.

spent some more time on it today, didnt have a camera man…took a couple cell pics I’ll upload later I suppose. I ground the welds off the passenger footpeg mounts and relocated them to make mounts for the GSXR rearsets…and they make it look like it was built that way lol, very pleased with the results. Put another skin-coat on the seat fairing and removed all unnecessary brackets and such. getting there!

You should let me take pics of the progress, that’d would be a cool pic set.

your more than welcome to take some pics Ian, I may be up there working on it some more on thursday

I blessed your bike with my ass on Monday. So the project should move along smoothly from now on. Definitely digging the look and feel.

lookin nice man…im actually about to pick up a 350 (its my first bike so should be sufficient) from a guy that works out at my gym…not sure the year exactly 1970 sumthin…pretty good condition, gettin it for like $500 or less bc i have to use an in & out tool to get a broken exhaust bolt out, dude thinks its a big job or something, so im lettin him think that…ill be getting it in a couple months and will post pics upon pick up…imma stay tuned to what you have goin on here and take some notes, your doin some real nice work!

I forgot to test fit the jardine pipes with the rearset position. I may have just forced myself into making a custom exhaust…I’m not mad lol. I think I’m going to toss the motor in today and mount the pipes (try to) for mock-up. good thing I can always sell the jardines and hack up the stock pipes to make something custom…STAY TUNED!

and this is what the pictures end up looking like when im not there… lol.

building a motorcycle looks like fun!