my 71 honda cb350 bobber build......(finished pics pg 7)

ok, now ive been itching to make a bobber for a while now and this is my first and may never actualy see the road. Lets kinda call it practice.:lol:

now ive chopped out the rear swing arm and all the gay shit associated with it.:smiley: I plan on pissing blood everytime i finish riding.:smiley:

Now that ive got most the frame done and everything turned out straight and im very happy. I need to figure out what tank i wanna run.

I originaly intended on using a old sportster peanut tank, however i slapped on the old honda tank and i must say, it isnt so bad. Now i have about 400bucs into this project including the bike and i do not intend to exceed 1000bucs on it either.

here is a pick of what a stock one would look like. I didnt get to take a picture of t before i tore it down so ill throw up a generic one to get the idea.
http://www.hoc.org.uk/gallery/bikes/CB350K3_1971(2).jpg

so here she is without a tank.

and here she is with the good old honda tank it came with.

ass shot. skinny tire FTW…

now here is a style of tank im considering however im kinda at a stand still until i can decide which i like better.

Now im still not decided on rear fender or color or handle bars yet. I still need to figure out the tank.

Also i may need a new motor or rebuild. The current is siezed from sitting for over 20yrs. Ive been soaking it in deep creep for over a week now with no luck.:frowning:

so awesome.

you fucking rule!

concerned about that frame clearance?

:tup:

I was at first so raised it so id have about 2-3inches.:smiley: i may cut and reweld. However like i said before, i may just scrap this project and pick up a running bike and make the changes to it that i didnt like from this build. I have all winter to decide and all winter to find 2-300dollar runnin )classic import bikes that noone appreciates anymore.:slight_smile:

FUCK! I need a winter project :frowning:

sounds good dude!

I’ll probably end up getting drunk most nights and finding my new love for fat chicks and slores :frowning:

OH!.. Might as well toss a little turbo on it, and a wicked loud BOV… that thing + 90hp (as in a total of 90hp)… sounds like a hell of a time.

Hopefully you can get the block working :frowning:

Ive got a cb200t motor sitting here i was told works. However a 350cc motor is small enough so im not sure if it would be worth my time to convert the 200cc motor to work on this frame.

350cc + gt12 (little bit of lag lol) + custom manifolds, the project would certainly occupy you for the winter. And you clearly have enough know how and skill to make it work.

Would certainly be bitchin too.

I really like the honda tank on there id stick with that.

too late.:lol: i ordered a sportster tank. However i dont have to use it but i still need something to compare. I still need to make up some handlebars and figure out paint scheme.

suicide shifter???

yep, im gunna install my clutch’s hand brake on the suicide shifter as well. Ill build up a custom 2into 1 exhaust which will go down the right side and sneak back to the left side under the frame before the rear wheel. Exhaust tip will have a nice slant cut, and probably wrapped with header wrap. I wish i could just quit my job and fab up all sorts of random shit.:lol:

Sportster tank will look better. With the Honda tank, it looks like the front half of the bike is stock and just re-angled by the rear section of the frame. The peanut tank will make it look much better.

research, research, research.

Looks like your on the right track. See if you can squeeze a cb750 motor in there. Many people used the 70s cb750 to make choppers, bobbers etc. The motor was very smooth too. My brother had one and you can come across them very cheap.

I was gonna say you should make your own tank if you had the time.

I like the OG tank.

Awesome. A guy that works for me just bought a running 77 yamaha xs400 for $300. He’s going the cafe racer style tho. Can’t wait to see this project complete.

yep, which is why i decided to go with the peanut tank.:slight_smile: I will also be stripping the covers off the front end for a more cleaner/simpler look.

meh, i realy dont know if its worth the time since these bikes are so cheap. Show me where i can find a motor cuz ive been looking with no luck. I dont mind/care about the size of the motor. for me its about keeping it light and bare bones so a smaller cb motor works just as well. Plus theres only 2 pipes to make tubing for instead of 4.:smiley:

I wish i could find an old triumph but people still want a small fotrune for them.:frowning:

Looks like fun. I love the skinny tire always looks good.

john-

that is bad as fuck, srsly

looks good jonny im picking mine up tonight…
cani bring it ova??