1977 Mini Vtec Swap

This is My first post here. I figured local car guys would appreciate my build, and the advice & opinions I’ll get is always appreciated.

It’s a '77 Austin Mini that I bought as a basket case. I used a Watson’s Raly front subframe to mount a JDM Civic Si-R B16 engine and LS 5-speed.

I had a local fabricator do the cage-work, and body/ paint. I’m finishing the wiring, assembly and final stuff.

The wheels are Compomotive 13" CR-X. I’ll be running Koni shocks and street/race coil springs.

The car will weigh 1,700 pounds and have almost 200hp.

VERY nice!! Updates and pics/vids will be more than welcome here, that looks like a great project.

Thats a sweet little project. What are you doing to the engine to achieve the 200 horse goal?

Thats awesome! We were just talking about Minis w/ swaps.

Welcome

It’s Right-Hand Drive still, and I thought it’d be fun to drive that way. The freak factor is worth it.

Plz put a passenger seat in so I can go for a ride.

Thnx.

NICE, I always wanted one od the orginal minis. id like to get one someday

I have a nice stainless header that goes into a free-flowing exhaust. I think the car will be scary even with only 170hp, with an Integra Type R motor these cars have a 0-60 time around 4 seconds. What do you guys recommend for performance parts? I’ll be getting performance ignition (coil, wires, etc) maybe some upgraded injectors and a throttle body? Ported intake?

I’ve never owned a Honda before, so I’m not too familiar with them. I do know quite a bit about performance engines though, so I won’t be lost when I get advice.

Thanks,
Brett

You could do better cams and get a tune and the car should make between 170-180whp

+1

Cams and tune

Boost it , shit would fly cause how light weight it is

Awesome project. I’ve always been a fan of other cars with Honda heart! :bowdown

I especially like 70’s imports with F-series swaps!

Nice to see another project on here that is more than bolt-ons!!!

turbo it lol.

Should have used a Prelude Type-S motor, just about 200whp stock.

Either way, SIIIICK build.

Sick little go-cart! That damn thing will have the power to weight same as a my car, damn I should have gone for a GT35R!

Nice work!

Crazy project. I have a built b16 head if you’re interested.

Awesome, I love the old Mini’s with Honda swaps.

that’s so awesome man!!!
good luck with the build!!! definitely looking forward to progress.

Don’t even bother with upgraded ignition on a Honda… a waste of money if you ask me. Cams, intake manifold, TB, slightly upgraded injectors and a nice tune should net quite a bit.

… k20