1990+ Evap canister fuel smell, other issues

I seems there have been a few on TT Net but there is not an official FAQ or tech articles. After finding a slightly wet gas line on my fuel rail tonight I did a little more poking around and found a cylinder not firing.

I have more troubleshooting to do, hopefully its an electrical problem and not valves or head issues. I ran out of time tonight to look at it further.

…Dan

don’t know if I’m way off… but one cycliner not firing could be a coil pack right? The fuel problem… are u tt or NA? maybe try a higher grade fuel?

I thought that to be a possibility so I swsapped packs around with another and the spark plug also but the problem stayed with Cyl#5. Its down to an injector or mechanical problem, head, valve etc… One positive sign on that note is that there is no sign of smoke.

Oh ya its a TT, I never run lower than 92octane and usually go down to the one station in Calgary that sells 94.

…Dan

Dead Injector in cyl#5… bummer but new NISMO 555’s on order from Z1 with everything, gasket and O-rings $950USD, plus another $200 for an ASHSpec eprom. I wanted the Zemulator but couldn’t ring any more money out of my credit card! I will have 2 other EPROMS for sale ones a clone of a JWT and the other is the one I am currently running from SGP Racing.

I also had them swap out the fuel pump while it was at the shop, I don’t think it had totally failed but it sure was making some crazy noises once and a while.

…Dan

Lucky bugger!! Guess we’ll be seein’ some ~ 17 PSI runs from you for sure this year!!

Hopefully, I sure would like to get a new intercooler before getting up to those boost levels. That was next on my list until this. Do you have an aftermarket drive shaft and flywheel (light Weight )?

…Dan

Nope. At least, not yet. :frowning:

I suppose the driveshaft could be done anytime, but I ain’t doing the flywheel until either: a) next clutch replacement, b) engine’s coming out anyway. So the flywheel is one upgrade I’ll have to live without for now.

try and get ur hands on a one piece driveshaft. I hear u’ll get more power to the wheels