1993 Corrado SLC VRT

ik, the IC was junk… car never ran 100% lol. i’m very happy i spent the money on my new garrett 4in/buschur core.

the garretts are amazing cores. normally im not one for aesthetics but most WAIC are hideous. so for me unless its a drag car and im running ice water through it, i see no reason for it. going through the hassle of shaving the bay, only to fill with this sealed core and water tank, and some bunk 3inch charge pipes… no thanks

to the Corrado. is this going to be a VR dyno queen, or is it down for some street thrashings?

I hear yah pettie i didnt direct it to you when i said people thought i ways stupid. I didnt want a fmic again for a few reasons.

Granted the welds on my cheaper WAIC core isnt very nice at all to look at, how are they hideous. They fit nicely where a battery used to be and looks like it belongs in the engine bay.

My car is slowly turning into a drag car from the looks of it, not a high dollar pro level thing but something that will be fun and get the job done.

Ice water will be ran through it for track days. Subambiant IAT’s > FMIC = win

Water tank is in the trunk

bunk 3" pipes? wat? Even with my stock intake mani and rerouted ic pipes for the short term, its still cleaner, shorter and has only one sharp bend to impead flow… where as a fmic has about 10 feet of little pipes and a bunch of bends all over the place.

u gonna be intersted in a lil racey come spring time?:shifty

very much so. I am honestly waiting to see how my hard work pays off. This was my first go fast car I built, and I am sure it shows. But I learned alot along the road, and know there are things I need to improve on… but thats how it all works.

I cant wait for spring. I know I will be in the cross hairs, and will prolly run like shit the first few times at the track… but like everything I do, I catch on fast.

Should be a great season!!!

personal opinion Brah. its just engine bay clutter to me.

-sub ambient. awesome when im doing highway speeds, my charge is quite cool
so unless youre boosting in rush hour traffic, it doesnt make much of a difference
-roots type blown cars use WAIC for packaging reasons and the fact having a top mounted charger eliminates the ability to run and air/air setup.
-drag cars use WAIC for the very reason that its ice cold. sitting on the line itll get hot if its air/air so it makes total sense, but on an everyday street car with a decent sized turbo working well within its efficiency range(not a k03 pushing 25psi blowing hot air) air to air is plenty sufficient.

thats what i like to hear:thumbup

I hear you broski. its all good. Lets face it there are so many way to do things, everything seems to make sense one way or another right.

Thanks buddy… I would like to line up with you for a run come spring!

But anyway guys, lets keep this outa his build thread… its getting a little OT i think.

ohhhh yeaaaaaa, hope jake is down aswell for some raceeng

better bring some slicks. because on street tires i was staring at STOCK Evolution IX tail lights for a good 330ft!

Got-um

and theres still 990ft after that :rofl

oh do ya, 02J axles gonna leave ya hanging :lol

Spares are in the trunk. lol

the tables will be turned

This is what happens? I go away for 2 hours and my thread blows up? It’s all good.

The car will not be a dyno queen. I want to know what it makes but I also know that it doesn’t matter. It’s all about when and how it gets to the ground and, most importantly, the driver.

I don’t want a drag only car either. I don’t even like drag racing. I know there is skill involved in launching a car and having quick shifts and making it go fast in a straight line. I just see turning as a more important factor of how good a driver you are. I am going to make a few track days this season. Most importantly, Calabogie is top of my list.

a VR-T isnt exactly the best track car you could build. even with a diff its gonna understeer/torque steer like you wouldnt believe. i didnt notice but do you have oil cooler mods, oil delivery mods?

I don’t think it’s the VRT that is a problem on the track. Safety, suspension and brakes are more important than anything to a proper track car. This car was built to be a fun street car with autocross and the occasional track day here and there. But like I said before, I feel as though a good test for a driver’s overall ability is not on a drag strip, it’s at a track. which is why I’d rather be at a track. I also know that VR’s run warm in general so going all out on a track can cause heating issues.

I haven’t done any oil deliver or oil cooling upgrades other than replacing all of the water system with a low temp thermostat and fan switch with slim fans as well as the oil cooler gaskets/hoses. I also added water wetter to the cooling system. To me, proper maintanence is much more valuable to a motors stamina than any upgrade and I know a lot you agree. However I also think that’s why a lot of people (no one inparticular) has overheating problems with VR6’s. If the time comes that I still have over heating issues, I’ll likely add some form of oil cooler.

Hey, I didn’t read through the pages, but just saw the specs. Why did you raise your compression with a turbo which would increase combustion temp. and then didn’t get an intercooler?

he lowered the comp and has an intercooler

You should have stopped there and gone back and read the pages. Not the be a dick, but whatever you read, or thought was part of this build, wasn’t. The previous motor in the car was boostd without IC and a high compression gasket because I already had the 10.5:1 gasket in and it’s safe-ish to run 6psi on that. There is an IC and an 8.5:1 spacer in it now

EDIT: You beat me to is Peter :shakes fist in the air: