1994 Buick Lesabre Limited

So first lets start off to say that this old Buick still have a lot of power left in her. At 167,000 miles, she still runs strong. Heres the story. I have a friend who has a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe. It has the 1.6 I4 with the VTEC and he has a turbo on it. It’s also a 5-speed. Anyways I have always been telling him that the Sabe (we enjoy calling our cars by names like such, I don’t know why, were 18, thats probably why) my Lesabre could put up a good fight or maybe even win against his turbo Civ, his Civic. So theres this one road that I know of that has little traffic and has no houses and is about 1/2 a mile long. We decided to race. Anyways we are both at the starting point. He is revving his engine, making the turbo speak its presence and trying to intimidate me. So of course I have to put the Sabe into neutral and speak the voice of the mighty 3800 gods. It sounded sweet. A few days prior I put new plugs and wires on it, and some good plus supposedly, those ones with the 4 electrodes. Anyways, put the Sabe into drive, one foot on the gas, one on the brake and gave it a little more than an idle. And we launch, pedal to the floor. Until about 20 MPG my tires are just spinning and the 3800 is roaring. So I hit about 30, the beast shifts, his Civ is a little bit behind me. He throws it into 3rd and launches ahead of me. At that moment the Sabe was at 55 and just shifted into 3rd, and then it hits it torque curve. And when I say launching, it launched, the Civ is in the dust, about 2 car lengths behind. I looked down and I was going about 100 MPH or so. Then we both get to the end and I laugh, and tell him my famous phrase “You know, Jesus drives a turbo Buick”.

A lot of people for some dumb reason think a Buick is a shitty car, that they are slow old peoples cars. They’re not, they really launch. And I had to prove my point. I mean come on, the 97-01 or so I think it was, the Regal GS, those things were monsters with first off the 3800 Series II then a supercharger on top of that. A definite sleeper that would wake up Grant in his tomb.

I guess I just like Buicks.

wow :rofl: his “civ” must be a “pos” that means piece of shit

3800 series motors ARE ZBEST

i had one in my taurus station wagon, picked up the kids from soccer practice in a flash!

my moms 97 skylark hauls ass, its slow at first when you gun it then it down shifts and moves decent for a grandma car.

:fail: what did you do to yourself. I wish my cars spun to 20 MPG ill be lucky to get 18

i think i kno this person with the buick… is it white???

wow dude i kno you, and your lying, about his cause you just got your licence today, and also none of your friends have a turbo civic… way to make things up, i must say tho, the buick is a strong car or its age… and it sure is quick, and not to mention the fact that a turbo’d civic would destroy, the ''buick", im pretty sure a turbo civic, has atleast 250hp, a stock 1.6 vtec has 125hp… you don’t have to lie to be cool…

Fuckin right. Team America FTW loll

AMERICA.

FUCK YEA MAN.

son of a ham part 2?

I have no idea what to think about this thread.

the lesabre clearly runs on nothing but powerthirst:

edit: my sister has a powder blue lesabre, same year i believe :tup:

Man what a car. I think I’m selling my old Grand National so I can buy a Buick with the “beast” 3.8 series 2! I might add a body kit & paint my car to look like a LeSabre & add a couple doors too! I guess we were all kids at one time & raced whatever we had @ the time.

fag ur car is a piece of shit i hope it blows up this kid dont even own that car its his dads and there is no turbo civic hes a fucking liar

o and the dude with the grand national i hope ur kidding

these 2 are going for purextc’s title

The recent GM SeriesII and Series III 3800 are more better than the Series I…even better than the Buick 3.8…yeah, I said it. lol

…and to the kid that started this thread…get some more wheel time before you start making yourself a rolling road hazard. I learned the hard way.

I heart my 3.8 buick.

154 k miles and still pulls strong.

205 horse/230 torque, plus snow tires = no grip har har har.

I want a regal GS or a Park Ave Ultra :slight_smile:

It’s no 1.8t.

fuck.
yes.