1st time Homo-ners

I hear first time homeowners get 8000 back on taxes. Is this BS? Was there a cutoff date or something? I closed on my house in October. I would jizz in my own mouth if I got 8 grand back. :hitit:

Edit: Fuck I just read its 10% of purchase price. Max you can get is 8 G. and its only for owners who bought a house after Jan 1st 09. FUCK

Did you miss the $7500?

no.It started in jan of this year.

Don’t you end up paying this back over time too?

yea i just looked it up. I wouldnt have gotten near 8 grand anyways…but the extra money woulda still been sweet

They calling it a LOAN I think, that you dont have to pay back…

Somebody will correct me if Im wrong Im sure

if you closed in October it’s up to 7500 or 10% but it’s a loan 0% over 15 years starting to be paid back in year 3

Not the new one.ends at the at the end of this year though

Ok I havent filed taxes yet because my tax guy is too busy for me and I guess knowing somebody puts you behind fucking strangers. But either way am I going to get a little extra kick back even tho I closed in October or what…by what viper is saying…yes? :slight_smile:

yea that’s the one i was thinking of…ugh makes me wish i had waited one or two more years. This + larger down payment would have been a win.

2008: 10% up to $7500, you have to pay it back.
2009:10% up to $8000, you don’t have to pay it back.

Get the first time home buyers, I got $8500 grant, no need to pay back duh.

:tup:

:picard:

Does getting or not getting this have anything to do with what you paid for your house or your income?

my buddy and his wife just got a house in August and they got the sweet discount/tax break, they got 9g’s back!

yea if you make over 75k a year you get less of a tax credit.
http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/

Maybe,( I think) my wife, fiance at the time was only making 46k at the time, she was at the level where you are supposed to be to be qualified for the First Time Home Buyers club or what ever, because after a few months later she passed her boards and doubled her salary. I dont think we would qualify if it was a month later then it was. This was two years ago, I really cant remember. I do know you have to be a residence of Buffalo, and make under a certain amount to qualify. Its a free $8500 if you can save $160 a month for 10 months and go to a home buyers class one Saturday, we went through HSBC,they will give you the money.

Yep that’s the same thing I used as well. I thought it was 4:1 matched up to $7500 maybe it was diff I used M&T actually.

Also :tup: to a wife that makes bank. I hope to acquire one of those someday.

HAha, ya shes SMART. I cook, I clean,I build everything in this house by myself(see my house build thread), she makes bank, I make half what she makes and do way more around the house,Im pretty much the bitch, I hope to be a stay at home dad soon(sorta).

Actually when the time is right I will prob have a few questions about doing the attic if ya dont mind.

Yea dude I am in a relationship with a PharmD student now. Hopefully in a few years i will be in the same boat.:roflpicard: Only neither of us want kids.