1st Try is awesome

I bought a Maurauder torque converter and flexplate for my thunderbird and had Jeff at 1st Try put it in for me last night. I picked the car up this morning and it runs a million times better now!! He does some great work. Im sure he never wants to work on another Tbird again though, at least probably not any time soon. But I’m warning you Jeff, I will be bringing it back down to you to do future upgrades…lol He does fantastic work down there. Im very satisfied! :bigok:

Ya I had a friend at work that needed some work done and she was very happy with the price and the work…1-st try ftw

jeff’s the shit!!! a milkshakes can get you far!!!

Jeff is da man!

good to hear

try bringing him a toyota

or don’t, he might kill you

That converter from the Marauder looked like it was a little bit smaller and it should stall a little bit higher than before. Congrats on a good, inexpensive upgrade choice!

Can’t go wrong with 1st Try!

yeah, it does stall a bit higher…I was going to spend like $600 on a converter from Summit (forget the brand) that had the same stall speed as the Mercury Marauder converter. Thanks for the compliment though

It was cool meeting some of you guys yesterday and today…

Now you need to get that mod motor in there!

well I have a 4.6 Mod, but I need the 4.6 DOHC in there, i am stuck with the crappy SOHC thing that only makes 205hp, the DOHC from the Mark VIII makes 300hp…i think its a better base motor to start with. I need to get an aftermarket hood, or have a hood scoop made for the intake, the DOHC is a little taller.

The chassis is the same, both MN-12 cars, the problem you would have with it being a taller motor would be if you were going to use a 5.4 4V, and it would be close to not clearing the strut towers.

where at in cory you live 95V8TBird ?

Jeff=hotness

hells yahs

look at the hott guy!!! hey jeff can i borrow your bag sometime?

Vine Street, top of the hill, in the end house…its a brand new Ryan Home

I have heard that putting the 5.4 in there is a waste of time, and not worth the hassle. The DOHC is the way to go…IMO. People will argue that a 99 Explorer PI 4.6 motor swap is the best platform to start with, but I think there is much more aftermarket for the DOHC 4.6, plus you are starting with more HP.

:cool: Just wondering. Haven’t seen a Tbird in a long time, Nice car.