1STGEN's scirocco

the debate is between the toyo and hankook…think either of those will last longer and wear better than the hoosier. The problem is nitto does not make a 245 16 tire.

245-50 16 – $175 Each – NTo1
25.47 overall diameter – 9.96 width–fits 7-8.5 inch rim.

want the 45 profile…don’t think i can fit the 50’s…need to do some measuring

Hankook has very similar heat cycle fall off to Hoosier. Almost identical.

Where do you guys get tires from?

We get them from each other…one person buys them new, then I buy them, then I sell them to Mickey, then he sells them to Lyndon and he then sells the destroyed carcas to Joe Sell. We are like the Salvation Army of race tires.

Tom, why are you jumping to a 16" wheel?

Although what Jeff says is true,

You might also try tirerack.com, discounttiredirect.com, philstireservice.com

Get them direct from the manufacturer or find a rep or dealer (see side of my car) that can find you a set that hasnt sat in the back of the warehouse since last season, or frozen in transit, etc.

discount tire direct has awesome prices… would def recommend them.

Recycle, reuse, reuse again, glue pieces back together, reuse again, then resell to some other coalition member…

he dont need no stinkin gauges

and in the end they get re-capped into Menards for the ice racers

245 rubber on a 8" rim is about 9.96 inches wide on the rim, compared to 225 on a 8" rim which is about 8.8 inches

throw some 195s on that bitch

remember…not continental

lemme know when you want me to plot out a humorous message for your front windshield out of vinyl.

Anyone got feedback on the BFG R1? They have a 245-45-16 ( $180 at TireRack)

It’s the spec tire for the BMWCCA Spec E36. Similar to the Hankook and R6, but a little less absolute grip in exchange for more usable heat cycles (I’ve heard 20-30). Expensive tho. Just my $.02.

fuck ya son…