2:1 in the Buick T-Type

Today my friend and I took out his 1986 Buick Regal T-Type that he just got finished with this past week. It has a nice build with Heads/cam/aftermarket turbo pushing 20+ lbs of boost. The car ran in the 11’s last year but with the mods he did over winter and the mods he still has planned he is looking for 10’s by the end of the season. Now on to the good stuff.

1st run is with a greenish 60’s Nova, the boxy bodystyle. Had a nice lump to it. Monster tach on the dash, dual exhaust, aluminum mags. Older guy driving. We come up past him at about 15 mph. He is coming off a light that just had changed. We make the pass and my friend tosses a little rev. The guy pretty much immediately floors it and all you hear is his exhaust and tires screeching! At about 25 mph the guy is coming up along side us. My friend downshifts to 1st gear, punches it, and hits redline and then shifts to second gear. The nova is just about even with us when we start to wind out 2nd gear building boost and pull away. By the top of second we had put some distance between us and the nova, by the time we hit 3rd we were a good 6 cars up and the Nova let off. Guy drove past we exchanged thumbs up and continued on our way.

Next run we got was about a half hour later. We seen a silver mustang GT 4.6L messing around with a Silver Acura Integra. Both had exhaust mods from what we first saw. They came off the light and didnt do much at first. We paced them for awhile when the integra opens it up and the mustang follows suit. They were pretty close until the Acura Misshifted horribly, atleast thats what it sounded like, and he let off. The Stang kept on it and so did we. When the Acura dropped back the left lane opened up and my buddy dropped it down to second, switched lanes and we shhhwooooooshhed on by! Stayed on the gas in 3rd gear but not too long as traffic was up ahead. Stang came up next to us said he had headers,borla, NX 100 shot and other bolt ons.

Last race we were about to head back home when we spot a late 70’s Nova turning right off a sidestreet heading in our direction. The car was all blacked out and very loud with blue/purple flames down the sides and cowl induction hood. We paced the guy for a mile or 2 but got little to no reaction from him. Finally my buddy gooses it so he could hear the swwwwwoooosh which finally got this guys attention as he rolled the window down and nodded. Traffic was clear up ahead so my buddy downshifts into 2nd gear. We are going around 40mph. The Nova downshifts as well and we paced eachother. My buddy gooses it a little and so does the nova, then my buddy floors it and so did the nova. They both take off. The T-Type held even for a second but the Nova opened up and pulled away like nothing. My buddy didnt stay on it long he more or less gave up after he was back a car or 2. We didnt get a chance to talk with him after that as he turned off and my buddy was in disbelief I think since we did under the speed limit the entire way home.

All in all great fun. Next time we are going to bring the videocamera.
Sorry so long, but I tried to be detailed!

Those would have been great to see on vid.

Must have been a pretty sick nova to do that to the TT.I think that one was actually FS on here a little while back.
D

For the love of all goodness! PM me where u cruise please. I cruise certain areas and rarely see any cars let alone get the chance to line up with one.

ohhh boy sneek sneeky fmf… black nova with purple flames huh???

nice runs :tup: that nova sounds like it had some sack

oh and TUP to the T-Type, very nice cars

Kill Story Writers: please take notes.

Awesome runs man! That would have been a sight. :tup:

maybe fastmofo’s nova

oh i love that engine :slight_smile:

i think i should get one of the '89 TA pace cars eventually, actually put that engine in a decent handling package :slight_smile:

:tspry:

So, can I get a PM where u cruise?? Have ur friend that has the car come out to Mighty. Id like to check this thing out. I dig the forced inducted V6’s :slight_smile:
Maybe he’d wanna do a high way run.