Anyone have a Grand National or t-type?

I’m looking to possibly purchase a stock t-type, which is like a grand national. Does anyone have one they can take me for a spin in, the one I’m interested in is like 6hours away so I don’t want to drive all the way out there if I don’t like the way they feel or drive. I’m looking only for a ride, but if someone lets me drive it too that would be cool.

It’s better and faster then your TA

Probably alot better than your broke dick Grand Cherokee also.

Wahoo I know a few people with stock & modded GNs. They are great cars, but you have to realize they are getting very old and you have to maintain older vehicles

It is better then my jeep :tup:

But back to my original point that bandit transam is slow and the GN has much better performance and responds to mods much better

Let me see if my buddy’s GNX is still on the road

I sold the TA, for some reason it just didn’t interest me like it used to, sure was slow though lol. I don’t want to go try to buy a GN or T-type that’s 5 hours away without at least riding in one a bit.

T-types are boss as hell. Go get it

I support this post. Old coworker had 2-10second GNX’s.

:tup:

My old boss has 3 of them stored in an airplane hanger locally…

They can be fast in a straight line, ride like a sofa and brake like all 80s full size GM cars did. Mods are not the cheapest and as J+J said it will require maintenance. The first and best thing you can do for it is boost leak test it and replace old shitty vacuum lines.

If you’re looking for a grandma car with some balls then it’s an ok buy. I honestly think they are not as cool or fast as everyone remembers them being.

God that’s a clean ta. If I owned that, I would probably own stock in goodyear, and hope for at least a bit of a return on all of the tires I would go through. Burnouts.

True that you can make one handle and brake good however it will cost a good chunk of change. Brakes are the same junk used on 3rd gen Fbodies and GM S Series trucks & blazers. That being said you can do a ton of different brake swaps like SSBC, Brembro, and even LS1 or C5 front calipers along with a rear drum to disc conversion. Hotchkis, Edelbrock, Spohn, UMI, etc. all have suspension systems to update the handling

Don is correct back in the day these cars even stock were very fast. However 20+ years and you have 4 door family sedans running that fast if not faster and with better fuel economy. I was disappointed at the start of the season when I got to drive a stock 1991 GMC Syclone. My memory and what I remember didn’t live up to the hype or performance, or I might be corrupted by building 600+ hp cars and now my view of fast has changed

Paging BuickGN… Kevin’s dad has had a few nasty ones. They’re pretty cool, one of the few 80s cars worth a shit.

I’d rather a GN clone with a boosted 5.3.

The only problem is that they drive like an 80’s buick regal/olds cutlass.

Boost gets you laid.

If you have ever rode in a monte ss it feels the same. Theres nothing wrong the the brakes they come with. Its not like a 60s car with drum brakes. My stock GN ran 8.64 at lancaster but that is not the norm for them. They usually run 9.1s. If you want to learn alot about them go on turbobuick.com or turbobuicks.com. They are fun cars but you cant just expect to throw alot of boost at them without doing fuel upgrades and learning how to tune them or your just going to spit out the head gaskets, and its no fun to change them. I sold mine last october and i dont know anyone that has 1 right now.

There are ways to correct that.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclecars/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V283.V328
http://www.detroitspeed.com/1978-1988%20G-Body-Products/1978-1988-gbody-products.html
http://www.hotchkis.net/19781988-gm-gbody-stage-2-tvs-system-small-block-.html

Not saying it will handle like a modern car/supercar but sure will help.

I’m on some of the forums, but I remember someone local on Nyspeed owning one, I’m not sure if I will love a turbo Buick or not, I miss driving stick, but I’ve always loved these cars.

Auggie at Auggie Automotive has around 1000hp in his GN