Anyone have a Grand National or t-type?

Newman’s brother had one…

I did all of these mods to Shrew’s GN. It handled worlds better for an 80s full size GM but nothing to write home about. The ride got stiffer that’s for damn sure. If you’re into these cars then this is a must do mod. Otherwise I second what J+J elaborated on.

I’m curious what you actually used. Just for inputs sake.
Did you replace the steering box as well?

The only wierd thing for me was getting used to not having a lumpy cam, i love the sound of a big block thumping at a light. Also turbo lag takes some getting used to. But on the flip side its nice having the overdrive and the gas mileage is great. Its also fun beating up on cars that have twice the engine size.

Its always cool watching/hearing them brake boosting at the track, love that :tup:

All new shocks, polyurethane bushings everywhere, control arms in the front, ball joints, hotchkis rear control and lateral arms, basically anything you could find on summit to upgrade the suspension. I did not replace the steering box.

I’ve heard some mixed opinions on the hotchkis setups. Like you said, made it stiff and only slight improvement in handling.
I plan on redoing the suspension on my nova during the winter. Considering one of the ridetech setups. (Coilovers/control arms/4 link/etc.)
I asked about the steering box because that is my main gripe with my nova - ZERO feedback from the wheel - I mean it’s great that I can go lock to lock on concrete using my pinky…

yeah my father has one with 14k on it, im sure he wouldn’t mind me taking it for a spin. its modded pretty heavy. Are you close to west seneca?. Let me know before he puts it away. I know of one for sale, a member of the club passed and his 8 second gn is for sale, i believe the wife is letting it go cheap for what is in it. Not sure what you want to spend but i can tell you an 8 second gn with all the right parts does not drive or feel like a 20 year old car.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

This.