2 way lsd?

hey guys

quick question, dont know if this is right or not

ive never owned an aftermarket lsd so i dont know much about it

but im wondering if the q45 vlsd (r200) that came in my silvia clip is a 2 way or not

since its believed the car was a drag car in japan, and with this lsd (very low ratio, no acceleration, which makes no sense) im wondering if theres an aftermarket in there

i dont want to open it up because i dont know if ill know what im looking at

now, when i spin the input shaft (drive shat), both output shafts turn together( axle shafts)

could this mean there could be a 2 way in there?

thanks

the effect you describe can just as easily occur with a vlsd

well thats effecttively what i was asking

thanks

vlsd’s will turn both outputs the same way, until there is load put on it then it will turn into a one wheeler.

^^ what?

I think Bobby’s talking about a blown vlsd, as most of them are… but yeah, any type of lsd should turn both tires the same direction with no load.

Matty, just take the back off and snap a picture, there are no springs that will pop you in the face and it will surely get the thing sold faster if it is a 2 way, or even a 1.5er.

When you remove the cover, if it’s a clutch type lsd, there will be a hole in the casing of the actual diff and you should see a diamond shaped cut out with a ball in the middle, I believe if it’s a full diamond it is a 2 way, if it’s a half diamond I think that means it’s a 1.5 way.

its theeeeeo

ya you got it theo.

full diamond = 2way

1/2 diamond = 1.5way

i got a pic of it somewhere…but im gonna sleep instead lol