Need an LSD

So after rigorous testing :smiley: I found my car only spins 1 wheel. Oddly enough was just the left one, because I have seen a picture of a 240 doing 1 wheelburnout from the right side.

So I need opinions on what LSD people have been putting into there cars. BTW, i will be drifting this biatch so I would like something that could stand up. I was looking into i believe it was a R32 LSD (if this part even exists) and I think i am going to get a good deal on it. How much would one of these run?

weld it. great for drifting.

I hope your not serious

(im still learning all this shit)

But wouldnt that seriously inhibit your drivability on the streets?

ya welding your diff works and is cheap, but normal street driving is a kick in the ass. from what i heard, a bunch of guys on NWN were doing it for a while. look into the jdm viscous 1.5 lsd’s. or pick up a kaaz of jdmwest for $1300 i think

if ur looking for an lsd to start out with i got a full Stock V-lsd setup, will sell for $250

PM me if interested

if ur looking for an lsd to start out with i got a full Stock V-lsd setup, will sell for $250

PM me if interested

Im interested. Whats a VLSD?

Check pms!

Viscous limited slip differential.

If you are going to drift it, your best option is a 2 way lsd. A clutch type lsd like Kazz or Cusco will work great.

are these clutch type lsd’s streetable? anyone have them in their daily driver?

or is the s15 hlsd or vlsd better suited for those purposes?

Clutch type lsd are fine for day driving. I all depends on what you plan on doing at the track which is the best for you. Clutch lsd are good for drag and drift. HLSD and VLSD are good for autocross. At least this is what I think.

whats and affordable way to make both tires spin, yet still having the ability to drive well on the roads?

The cheapest would be VLSD.

Give this a read.
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0309scc_projslivia/

A mechanical 2-way is really the best way to go for drifting. But they are expensive, so if you’re feeling cheep the viscous unit silvia_sr20det_s13 is selling will do the job just fine.

B-Wurm :smiley:

VLSD’s suck ass. I just got a mechanical 2 way…omg, so much better… :lol:

^That’s what I hear. I’ve been drifting on a vLSD for about a year now and it spins both wheels pretty good. I think I’ve had it overheat on me a few times though.

What kind of differences do you notice with the 2-Way over the viscous unit?
B-Wurm :smiley:

Do any cars come stock with LSD that would be able to use in my 89 240??

Some 240’s came with stock VLSD’s apparently. I got lucky and went to a junk yard and found the remains of the rear end of a 240 with a VLSD on it. It works great on my car but wouldnt recommend for high HP stuff, but a dramatic increase in traction and ability to power out of corners.