lsd or new diff

hey guys, so i decided while im doing a transmission swap I may as well take my diff out and weld it. Meanwhile once my dad found out he threatned to get a scrapyard to come pick up my coupe. So I am now looking for an lsd to put in my diff or a complete lsd diff, or a stock diff for a 1990 nissan 240sx coupe. let me know thanks alot guys!

I have LSD $100

welded diffs are dangerous, you could die. your dad loves you. what are you doing with that welded diff now?

lol welded diffs kill

I am selling the welded diff i still have to clean it up a little bit, and I am no longer allowed to get an lsd even for my diff… so I am going to have to find a stock one

Sent you my #

Forget stock replacement just buy a used aftermarket 1.5 or 2 way, saves you money later on.

i have used 2 way in stock, installed into the pumpkin ready to go

call me

416 910 5550

how much would you want for that? and what is the difference between 2 way and lsd, i have never heard of 1.5 or 2 way. And are they legal for street use?

viscous LSD uses a fluid coupling like a torque converter to lock the rear wheels. 1.5 or 2 way is a clutch type differential. It locks almost as hard as a welded and is pretty obnoxious with all the clunking, popping and tires skipping.

^ this, except the last sentence. Does he prefer torsen? What kinda drifter prefers torsen? :expressionless:

Anyways, 1 way locks up on braking, 1.5 way is locks up on accelleration, 2 way is locks up on accelleration and braking.
Go with the 1.5way if you daily drive the car.

are they legal for street use? like will it pass a cert and i called my insurance company and i have to get an inspection, so it probably wouldn’t pass eh?

My last sentence was correct in regards to clutch type diffs. 1 way - accel, 2 way - accel/decel,
1.5 - accel/ half strength decel.

As for helical diffs and drifting, it won’t work very well. Quaife’s website states that their diffs only balance the torque transmitted and never lock, the s15 diff would be similar. That means they do not function like a 2 way clutch type, which is ideal for drift. A helical would perform better than an open or vlsd in all fairness

What? this one.

i need 600 for it…
its our client steves, u can pay him directly once we figure it all out…

Sorry I am not really looking to spend that much right now, maybe in the future when I have more money I will go with a new diff, but i think the best bet for me to start off is with a stock diff

Don’t buy a diff convert to FWD

i got a lsd for you if interested, its an abs one any still has lots of life, 50$