lsd in 1989 240sx

well im buying a 240 within the next couple day and one of the first things i wanted to do is put i lsd in it, im kinda new to the whole Nissan scene, i used to be a Honda boy but i want outa that lol, so any help would be much appreciated on putting me in the right direction. thx

yes you can put an lsd in it.

i have a 91 vlsd on my 89, so its possible.

Make sure the bolts on the output shafts match.

Your output shafts now connect to a 6 bolt differential. (3x2 bolts)

When you get the VLSD if it a 5 bolt pattern on the output shafts, then you need to have the output shafts that match. simple.

GL.

WELD IT UP

Welcome to the land of empty pockets and bald tires.

lol i actually considered welding it up but id rather just get the lsd, maybe ill weld in the mean time though lol

you can go VLSD as was previously stated, or if you want an actual clutch type there are a couple manufactures that make them for our cars such as Kaaz, Nismo, and Tomei in 1.5 or 2 way. Expect to pay $1000+ for one of those.

2 words, weld it.
done

not bad info^, the 5bolt = JDM

but how about the fact if you go with a factory VLSD found in 1991+ 240sx’s (canadian models) to use the whole housing as a straight drop in replacment, you will want either ABS/Non-ABS to correspond to your driveshaft.

a VLSD should run you from $100-$250, and about 1-2 hours install (in a driveway), and the VLSD is more than adequate for any beginner (to RWD/240sx’s)

just tac weld the 4 spider then flip them over and tac the over side put them back in the rear end and make sure they still fit tac them while there in the rear and and you will have no problems with them fitting then complete the welds on both side this should be storng enough to run a sr20det let along a ka24

Just curious, I have an open diff aswell on my 89’…
so another option other than getting a VLSD would be to weld my open diff?

if this is possible, will it allow me to spin both wheels like the vsld?

unlike a VLSD it would force both your wheels to turn the exact # of times the other one turns.

More or less, yes, you can do burnouts with a welded diff.

wont you get bouncing around turns while normal driving if the diff was welded?

I was going to get to the ABS vs. Non-ABS but I had to run haha. Should be prettty self explanatory if you know your way around cars even a little.

Slight bouncing will occur aswell.

Red_Line, I explained all this stuff to you already at CG a few nights ago man hahaha.

will the bouncing affect everyday driving, or damage anything though?

lmao, obviously if we kept talking bout it the whole night
I wouldn’t of replied, would of been a bit bored @ the end though…

but ya, we didn’t discuss about the ride quality now did we :stuck_out_tongue:
nor bout welding the diff, remember?

lmao, obviously if we kept talking bout it the whole night
I wouldn’t of replied, would of been a bit bored @ the end though…

but ya, we didn’t discuss about the ride quality now did we :stuck_out_tongue:
nor bout welding the diff, remember?