200 4r transmission class

for
grand national/turbo regal guys’
heres the skinny

Guys here is the info on the tranny class. So you will understand the list includes the basics and a few things that are highly recommended. Call me if you have any questions. When I finally nail the exact date down I will let you know. I’m doing all I can to do it quickly as I know the longer you have to make travel plans the easier it is. I strongly suggest you find a junkyard 200-4R to bring as a doner in case you have any failed hard parts. I collect parts, I do not sell parts. TR’s are really brutal on hard parts and they are somewhat expensive. Try to find something from a caddy or other granny car as 95% of the hard parts are the same and those kinds of cars never see any excessive torque. Even if they are classed as “bad” its usually just burned clutches and seals and the hard parts are usually still good. Going price for a bad 2004-R is usually 75 to 100 dollars and if it turns out you don’t need it I will buy it from you when you leave.

The tranny build up we will be doing will be a considerable improvement over the stock unit with altered shift points, quicker shift performance etc. To arrive at the final version I bought five transmissions from reputable TR vendors as well as a brand new ASC built GNX tranny and completely disassembled them. I compared what each of them did. If everyone did a particular mod I copied it. If some of them did it I only considered it based on cost and/or reversibility. I carefully considered interaction of different combinations and the possible side effects. The result is a clear step up from stock and pleasure to drive. To date about three dozen guys have gone through the school with total success.

We start noon sharp on Friday and finish late Sunday afternoon. In theory it could be done faster but with several guys that have not ever been inside a tranny its a miracle that it can go as fast as it does. And someone always brings a “zinger” that needs special attention. There is a lot of work and we all have to help each other in a team effort. It can be a lot of fun if you enjoy working on your turbo regal. You will need a room for Fri and Sat night. There is no charge for the school and all special tools will be provided. You have to bring your parts from the following list. You can buy them wherever you choose but I have provided a good low cost source to consider. I need to know in advance if you suspect your tranny has any serious problems that might need special attention or parts.

anyone interested pm me

shawn clear out your pms…

and email dont work for me.

going to nc for a trans class/comparision
your welcome to come but prolly the last person that needs this- hahaha.
his total is $360 with convertor-he dont pay alot for brfs
mine is $590 without convertor

here’s the stuff you need to do your tranny--------I strongly suggest you find a 200-4R core from a junkyard in case you need any hard parts----- it doesn’t have to be a good unit--------something from a caddy or other granny car should do just fine since 95% of the parts are the same and they seldom see any torque abuse--------the cost of just one internal part could easily make it worthwile--------the following is based on a tranny that still at least functions even if it is not good, i.e. slips, doesn’t shift fast, etc
order from: online—Makco Distributing, Inc. or call (214) 324-8094

Rebuild kit 36001B

there is a heavy duty kit available for an extra $100 it is HP 36001 RK

Alto band 48999PB

Pump kit - 13 vane 35764-AK

boost valve 35333 A

Shift kit (transgo) 36930 ------- we throw most of this away and only
use a few parts, but its the cheapest source I know of

TV valve SX 65754-03K -----not critical but recommended

2004R hardened stator 36766

converter 7727— good for the money, but you may substitute

super servo K-014 P36960---- nice, but not necessary UNLESS you
don’t have an original GN BRF tranny

Bushing kit 36601-------good insurance

inline filter 1104A------also good insurance

YO YO steel pump rings 35345

(get from GM dealer)
             pump screen   GM #  8627509                 VB spacer  GM #  8657309

if you really expect to hammer the thing you might want to consider the PTS roller bearing enhanced low/rev clutch mod------- (916) 739-0510-------I only use it on cars that will run low 11’s or faster

Please send info to :boostjunkie@libcom.com