2000 Cadillac...weight reduction

baby needs a wash!

Okay guys, honestly I’m just screwing with you. I am not performing a weight reduction on my car. This is just all the shit I had to go through to get to the subwoofer on the rear deck of my car. Had to remove the bottom part of the rear bench seat, 3 bolts where the seat belts were and the backrest as well. Pretty much a huge pain in the ass all to get to a blow speaker.

Worst part is, you can see the damn sub from the trunk, but you still have to take all the other shit out to get to it.

American Luxury :banghead:

New sub in early this week though!

Good looking car, the nose looks like the Obama limo for God sakes!

It is classy indeed. Just getting things squared off and probably selling it when the nicer weather comes though. I need something a little more sporty. Thanks for the compliment!

I had no idea these cars had a sub like that buried back that.

what are you putting in to replace it?

wat? lol

I’m not too sure yet. I may take it somewhere to see if they have a sub that will match the same mounting holes because i’d rather not drill my car.

I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any good car audio places in mind and also if anyone knew about how much this would cost for a single speaker replacement if i don’t do it myself? I’m a n00b.

And I think he meant he was surprised the speaker was so buried in the car as opposed to just being able to get it through the trunk or lifting off the rear deck. Or he didn’t know there was a sub back there even. not sure actually ha.

How big is the stock sub?

It’s a 10"

I was stating that was pretty insane that it even has a 10" sub in the rear deck.

Yea I’ve never seen that myself. No offense to the op, but I’m guessing it sounds shitty.

Throw some decent highs in the back and put new subs in the trunk with some black ass tints and 34" rimzz.

No offense taken at all. I thought it sounded pretty good actually. I am just replacing the blown speaker with pretty much the stock configuration and I am not modding the car any further. I really want to sell it when the weather gets nicer.

does that battery get vented somehow?

yeah it vents to the cabin. lol

*Edit - Its probably a dry cell.

the sub looks like an old school stroker without the spider

I would also assume it is a dry cell. My car is completely stock so this is the factory position for the battery. Hopefully they’re not putting me in any danger lol. I was surprised to find it there when I lifted up the seat myself but if you look under the hood there is no room whatsoever for anything else.

EDIT: For kicks here’s a pic of the engine bay

The sun blocked it out, but the previous owner marked how much oil is needed. A whopping 8 quarts ha

its not a dry cell, i see an indicator eye in the pict

I’m also an idiot and here to learn so I’m not surprised

Nice how bout that saturn in the background? Project car?

I’m preaty sure it ventilates through the trunk. There is too much air being circulated in a car to even matter.

Silly American cars. Sweet it has a 10" sub though, replace with something better and roll down the windows Yo.