2000 Jettta GPS question!

Was looking to install a 7inch all in one GPS unit in my car. Not the flip kind. Was looking at the Pioneer AVIC-Z2. Will this fit a jetta without major modification??

HELP!

depends on the size of the frame. minimal trimming of the center dash, and removal of the stock radio will fit a few 7" screens. You can then put it back to 100% stock without any visual flaws.

Will depth be a problem?? I noticed that the all in one navigation units are really big. Is there enough room behind the stock radio to accomodate an aftermarket unit??

im sure this has been done before. check out v dub forums…

from my experience, just want to make sure you cut where you’re supposed to cut. and once you cut, you cant control+z.

Whats a good Vdub forum?? im a newbie the VW world.

www.dubsinthebuff.com is a great local forum.

www.vwvortex.com has a lot of archived information, but may God be with you if you try to make a new thread.

You’ve got room for a double din head unit in your dash without any cutting. You just lose that little pocket above the stock HU. According to crutchfield you’ve got about 6 1/2 inches of depth to work with. IIRC there wasn’t a whole lot of room back there for shoving wires either, but it’s been 3 years since I had the radio out of the MKIV that I used to have.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fU3SkbPE14n/app/car/mycar.aspx

the z2 will fit in the jetta dash. its the same size as my d3, which fits perfectly.
like fry said, check vortex. they have a ton of diy’s on how to do it. if you don’t have any experience the install could take 4+ hours.

there isn’t a lot of room back there, but it will fit. its just tight.

If you don’t have the radio removal keys, you can use the butt end of jigsaw blades. :snky:

Thanks for all the info guys… ill keep u posted once i start the install.

PMed