2000 White Celica GTS w/ 6 speed

bump - edited the first post with warranty information.

Someone should jump on this…$5k is a screaming deal. It’s just not in my cards since I just bought the Bimmer and paid taxes on it etc… :frowning:

KBB in Good is about $6500 using 100k for mileage and not factoring the newer engine/tranny.

GLWS

I’m caving…slowly. Can I test drive her?
Man I wish I didn’t buy that BMW. At least they sell pretty quick it seems.
Who wants to buy a 96 328is? LOL

I love how these cars look

info on the bimmer

you can test drive it - but not until saturday. today is my first day off in a while and i’ve got a few things i need to do. but - def pm me (or post) info on the bmw. i need another daily/fun car so i might be interested…

I’ll try and make a thread tonight depending on what I opt to do with it. I love the thing already after only a few short weeks (and a speedy trip from MD to it’s new home here in WNY).

It’s a 96 328is coupe that spent all it’s life in PA (no rust) till last month when the guy moved to MD, where I bought it. Green with tan interior. Heated/power leather seats. Drivers seat has a pretty good size hole in it so that panel at some point will need to be replaced. Prolly cheaper to get a used seat or seat cover in reality. They are the sport seats and are known for the bolster busting out. Headliner is sagging, also common as hell with these and a pretty simple fix (replace material on headliner board). 178k miles. Newer…rear strut mounts, front and rear struts, 1 year old clutch that grabs like a mofo, 1 year old BFG tires, newer BMW wheels. All the cooling stuff has been replaced like with top grade stuff. No plastic impellers etc… No CEL or any issues, just passed NYS inspection Monday in fact.

Just yesterday the passenger window stopped and locked in the up position (better than down I suppose LOL). Likely that the motor or regulator is bad. It could be as simple as the plastic guides but I haven’t pulled the door card off yet to look. AC is ice cold. ALL electrical but the passenger window works flawless.

I should have the title in a few weeks…no liens of course. I’m just not sure RWD is for me. LOL. Averaging 23MPG which I’m also used to my civic getting 32 and that’s a tough adjustment. Of course its not a fair comparison from a HP and torque standpoint. The civic is like a go kart compared to the bimmer.

/\ cool, just so you know i was asking for the OP.

Only thing i could really do is if you were to pay off the loan trade the celica with all the audio stuff for the 328. I’d even give you the stock audio stuff/dash kit and harness for single din head units if you wanted to sell it…

Yeah that would be the issue…the payoff amount of your loan. It really won’t work given the value of the 328, even with the added audio gear.

Back to the drawing board for now. Someone buy this and make my life easier. LOL

what do you want for the 328?

I’m unsure about selling it still. I really like the car. If I did sell it I would fix the window and headliner since they are simple lil things. May do them this weekend either way. Given the BMW’s I’ve seen in worse condition selling for over book value I would list it at probably $4,800 or BO which is actually about book value. The only thing I really don’t want to deal with is the seat cover. Seems like a PITA to be honest. A donor seat might be the easiest thing to do.

It got a paint job also a year ago…not the greatest but looks pretty damn good overall.
I’ll snap some pics tomorrow.

I don’t want to get any real buyer interest yet, I haven’t really made my mind up. Also sorry to sort of hijack the thread.

no prob w/ the hijack, i was curious about a trade. if you like the car i def understand not wanting to get rid of it, but think about it though :wink: maybe we could work something out if you do decide to ‘trade’.

oh hai, i know you…

an 04 sti…were you at brents house ‘that one day’?

I was cleaning stuff out, I also have a brand new extra front caliper. I needed the mounting bracket a while ago and could only get it if bought with a new caliper. There was nothing wrong with the caliper so i just left the old one on.

I also found the G2 Caliper paint i bought for the car in white. I could possibly paint the calipers for the buyer if wanted. They were a blue that has since chipped away. I have black paint as well, but i would recommend the g2 kit if your going to re paint them.

bump

Im on my way to a concert, but i just found these on my computer. Note - the rims in the pics are not on the car. You will get the stock 16" GTS rims.

http://i30.tinypic.com/dcanbo.jpg - This was in the winter while the interior was out of the car. It was when i started to paint it white.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vufxtw.jpg - Engine bay in the middle of the battery and cruise relocation. Again the cruise control is where the battery was and the ecu is underneath it. There are no under panels on the car so the engine bay does need to be cleaned once in a while (unless you dont care)

http://i32.tinypic.com/vol98n.jpg Cruise, ECU, and fuse/power block in its new home. The fuse is 300amp and has been there since march - never had a single problem even in 0*F starts.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2czes0z.jpg First interior piece that went back into the car. those are also the infinity 2 way speakers in the rear.

http://i31.tinypic.com/zl6brc.jpg Battery in rear cargo tray. This was before the rear seats were put in (obviously) You can also see the z2 head unit in there and the camcon in where the clock was. (i still have the clock to put back in if you dont want it there)

http://i25.tinypic.com/11ipfl3.jpg - the interior light is a series of 12 Blue LED’s in the stock light. it was custom made (i made a thread a while ago) it makes it is bright enough to be able to read with it in the car/see stuff and it looks good to at night. Also, because they are LED’s - ive left it on all night before on accident and the car starts right up. I’ve also changed the gauge cluster blue (the needles/face and temp/gas part)

And on a side note - with the HID headlights and the battery in the trunk there is no headlight dimming at all. Someone buy this car…

think you can call me and help me out with this pc?

oh shit. im sorry i completely forgot. ive had a lot of stuff going on (like getting the car ready to sell) and ive been working a shit load lately, and id help you now but im not sure id do much for you - a lil buzzed lol. i get out of work tomorrow at 7-730 i WILL give you a call tomorrow and pm you the serial for office again/help you through the activation processes. Because as of now that key isnt on any computer. i just reformated mine and got office 07 standard from MS so im not using home and student anymore…

bump for the thread though ?

This. Is why I bought a GT.

Bump for a solid daily.

As long as the lift bolts were changed regularly on the early lift bolts it was fine. but you dont need to worry about it on the engine with the bolts that are in my engine.

Bump. Lol i dont care if someone buys it and sells it back to me in the middle of winter, i just need a bigger car for a DD now and dont want to take out another loan…