2001 malibu v6 sounds like it has a high lift cam???

A girl I work with just went to leave work and when I was outside talking with her, her cars idle sounded like a race car lope lope lope lope

earlier today, it ran just fine. What do you think is causing this? Bad spark plug/wire? Sticking valve?

I positive it has the stock cam in it lol

possible the cam cracked also along with your other options.

suuuuuper lumpy cam broooooooooo

if the cam cracked, would it run fine otherwise? Or are you talking about breaking it in two?

didn’t seem like it had any power loss nor did it sound funny revving it a little

strange shit

its a misfire most likely, does it shake at all in overdrive too or studder a little at take off or when in gear? check plugs wire coilpacks even the ignition module(plate that coilpacks plug into) and also, make sure it isnt loosin coolant, that could cause it to run a little rough.

haha i had that happen to me before; its a good time!

Misfire is my guess.

bad canooder valve

i had one come in running on only 2 cylinders. cam cracked right apart. As i stated though check the normal wear items first as the cracked cam is always a last resort. Though not hard to check at all. is it throwing codes at all? consuming alot of fuel?

Guessing misfire. My car sounds horrid with a misfire.

cracked cam is fairly unlikely.

Broken cam is VERY common …

Still have this issue, Steve? Grab the spark wires and wiggle them around, see if that establishes the connection.