this is a 2 year project
i just got my motor to blow off today by installing exhaust
but my cousin says it doesnt sound healthy
what the hell could be wrong with it
ive included a video of me blowing it off and revving it high
PLEASE HELP

pm me!

video

First and foremost, is the motor showing good compression numbers?

It does sound like something is very off…if yes to above then you’ll need to look into timing, spark, fuel amongst other things…

Good luck.

get a proper filter and a side mount.

check your compression
does it have the right amount of oil or any in it for that matter?

have you driven it much? is there enough torque at idle to crawl letting out the clutch slowly(like a new car)? reason I ask is a friends talon seems to have had the rings go on one cylinder of his talon so his stalls out every time.

in the video however it sounds like an exhaust leak, but that seems unlikely since you just installed it…

some SR owners probably know better, gl

Well it sounds like there is a massive exhaust leak for one thing. Does not matter if the exhaust was just installed it can still leak if not done properly.

Fix that and then see

im missing a nut on one of my pipes, maybe one of you guys might have it?
im using an apexi gt spec exhaust

my friend thinks its my lifters, but hes no expert, what could it be ?

“awww fuck, arite” hahah

sounds like an exhaust leak, with possibly bad compression as well, that isn’t spinning up nearly as quick as it should without load

if you’re flooring it to rev it in the video, you’ve got a shitload of power loss coming from somewhere…

that can come from so many things…

huge intake or exhaust air restriction somewhere?
fuel issues?
compression issues?
oiling issues?
ignition issues?
timing issues?

sounds like some sort of leak, get under the car while it’s idling to see if you can find/hear/feel anything obviously leaking at the joints.

it sounds like it is leaking. but there is a wicked knock/ticking sound at idle. could be a lifter.

hard to tell in the video. if you cant figure it out take it somewhere.

peace

it sounds like an exhaust manifold leak to me. When a manifold leaks it sucks air in and the valves will make a ticking noise. Its happened to me before

sounds like your running on 2 or 3 cylinders try unplugin the coilpacks one at a time and if it runs worse then it did plug it back in and try the next one if one of them doesnt make it run worse then you know you are not getting fuel or spark to that cylinder i would check your ignitor wiring because it could be wired wrong

huuuge exhaust leak…on both sides of the exhaust manifold i bet…

what rob said with a exhaust manifold leak the turbo will not spool as fast
and will mess up the o2 sensor

even with a exhaust leak that bad it shouldnt do that. i have a terrible exhaust leak now and my car runs alot better thent hat.
that there sounds like internals.
have you inspected your oil pan and made sure there were no dents? any small dents in a oil pan will totally mess up oilpickup.
and you really need a smic. or better yet a fmic. it also sounds like a bit of a boost leak.
better to check compression, timing, ignition timing,coilpacks,wiring…do a oil change also and see wtf comes out and hope therei s no metal.
when you pull plugs out for the compression also check the tip of the plug. if its all wet the coil pack could be dead, or if its wet and full of oil…well then…sounds like a rebuild/rings…alot of things, best is to just go threw the WHOLE list of what it could be again.

btw “OHHH FUCK” FTW!

just for everyone to know
i had a nissan pro whos been in the business for 20 years look at my car
he said my lifters and all are fine, the only way it sounds like that is because of the exhaust leak i have (one of my exhaust bolts arent on)
he said its electrical
as one of the grounds, was sparking :expressionless:

so how does it run now?

peace

i dont know yet,
i havent bought one and i havent found someone who can come install it

if a guy with huge nissan …man i wont finish that sentence.
if you want pm me please