2002 chevy blazer evap code p0442 anyone want to fix this??

To make a long story short my girlfriend has a 2002 blazer and hates it but needs it to last a while longer until she can get something else. It gets her from a to b for the time being. Her inspections up on thursday. Of course the check engine light pops on about 2 weeks ago and she took it to pep boys before asking me and they charged her $100 to “fix” a line and now the theyre dicking her around as usual. Its throwing p0442. It could be the lines, the solenoid or something else. Honestly I cant stand working on american cars and dont have the free time to diagnose/ fix it right now.

Can anyone fix this relatively easy? evap related stuff is ridiculous but that light wont go off and i cant get it inspected until its solved.

If anyone can do this or knows of an actual reasonable, reliable shop in the south towns that can have this done in the next few days please let me know!

H…P… Tuners. fix all that stuff for good.

oh god. a small leak could be the vent sticking from time to time, i could b the gas cap, it could be a million things. honestly, your best bet is to clear the code and drive it and see if it come back. 3/4 of the time at work when a small leak comes up and we smoke the system we dont find an issue.

I’d make sure the gas cap is nice and tight and reset the code. I’d then drive it around just enough for the monitors to set and then immediately get it inspected.

Did this and it came on after 100 miles.

Did that but it still came back on. How long does it take for them to set?

Well the other option which sucks bit would work is to keep the gas tank above 3/4 or below 1/4. The evap monitor shouldn’t run if you do that, at which point you should be able to get the rest to set. The other trick is to try and get all of them to set but the evap and then turn the a/c on. I know on quite a lot of cars the monitors won’t run while the a/c is on.

Just out of curiosity what pepboys, fingers crossed not the one I work at, mike text me when you see this.

just find someone with hptuners and toss them $150 to turn off all the crappy codes, turn off your torque management and raise the shift points and firmness a little at WOT. win win

:tup:

this hasnt worked for any car ive ever had an evap code on for.

the one on ridge in west seneca.

Weird thats what the 2nd post in this thread said…

Lol man just tune it