2003 Audi RS6 build thread

2003 Audi RS6 V8 BITURBO - meth injection - epl custom dyno tune - custom downpipes & exhaust - wagner ICs - hybrid turbos - Hyperboost diverter valves - turbo timer - IPT torque converter - kw v3 coilovers - Hotchkis Sport Sway bars - DPE S15 19x9.5 wheels

My mods since I purchased the vehicle are Wagner intercoolers and 18" Enkei wheels. I made the RS6SPEED badge just for fun on the water jet.
The next big thing is a 6 speed manual transmission. below is a few photos of parts I have purchased for the big swap. Now I must decide on a clutch which I have not even put much thought into yet.

I call this a build thread but just to be clear I do very little work on my own due to my lack of time, tools and most importantly automotive technical knowledge. :slight_smile:
Steve K. is doing the transmission swap in Pittsburgh. (He makes the adaptor kit.)
Props to Innovative and SPAM for work done to sort out the car after purchase.

Edit: My photography skills aren’t great either.:slight_smile:

Here is a video of Steve’s 6 speed on a dyno…

https://youtu.be/vuzmf4zY4tM

Omg yes! Can’t wait to see this. I bet it will rip!

Love the wheels! Have then on my R32.

this thread is what happens when you start with win and add more win.

Thumbsup

Why don’t you post this in the “builds” section?

I guess it could go there.

Moved :tup:

Look forward to some updates :tup:

Awesome dude!

Yesssss

Thanks guys I can’t wait. I wanted to do this last year but but times flies when you are super busy with other things.
And yesssss parts from Matt will be a part of this build.

Forgot the clutch slave picture. :slight_smile:

So jealous of this

So does anyone have any advice on which clutch I should purchase? The car has lots of torque so it needs to be stout but I want shifts to be somewhat civilized if possible.

Something like this?

Does a 2.7 clutch work on a 4.2? Call South Bend. Tell them your situation and power goals. They will make a recommendation.

Ya i would go south bend, and yes the trans/clutch combo is the same for a 4.2 or a 2.7 Ive tossed around a manual A8 :stuck_out_tongue: But ill wait till I get to practice on Justins RS6 first.

Im watching this thread with great anticipation. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. When are you doing Justin’s car? Did you get an adaptor kit yet?

his car is on the back burner, shops been nuts we have a stage3 A6 on the lift right now. plus im trying to finish up my AWD swap on the TDI.

I figure by the time you finish this ill know what im getting into and try to talk him out of it lol

Side note: more info on this please! Syncro or haldex?