2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

For sho! 35R is shipping out next monday at the latest. :excited

log manifold is almost going to be your choke point in this set up

It flows good and helps the spool on that snail. When the bottom end gets done I’ll run a ram horn.

kinda like hta’s and the FP turbos, don’t really start to shine until big boost

yup

I was talking to Brooks about his FP HTA 35R. He said it spools slightly later than a regular 35R, but makes a lot more up top.

I know my car maxes out the 35R with 650whp @ 40psi, Guys with the FP HTAs are passing the 750 mark.

iirc an hta 82 is good for 80whp over a standart 35r, an hta86 is good for 150 over an hta82

Good shit Jim. Cant wait to see this thing out in the spring

Yeah, HTA 86s are serious!!!

I like mine. It runs well.

The car is fast.

Did some talking with a tuner that specializes in stock bottom big turbo SRT4s. He said he uses a very low reading “heartbreaker” Mustang dyno.

From what I was told, I can make about 400whp on his dyno with my stock head, and high 4’s, low 5’s with the stock bottom and built head/cam.

400hp cars on his dyno make around 11-flat passes, and 500hp cars go mid 10s. Not really sure what this translates into horsepower-wise, but I think I will be happy with just a stock head/cam on the car for now.

My biggest concern about doing the headwork on the stock bottom is snapping a rod or breaking a piston and throwing thousands of dollars in headwork out the window.

What do you guys think? Head/bottom at the same time?

I say I will enjoy helping you pick up bent rods and shattered psitons this summer :rofl

No but seriously… I would wait to do the head work. To much money for headwork to risk the possibility of something fucking it all up if the bottom end goes…

I’ll be in the same boat as you till my motor goes… Was going to sned my heads out so I can actually get a little more umph outta my cam… but not worth doing until I get the VG33 bottem end I want…

Jim if there is any possibility of damaging a head you just spent 1000’s on I would just invest in the bottom end. Pistons and rods are another what 1000 with bearings and everything?

Save up a lil longer and get it all done at once.My .02

The bottom end is 6 grand, 2.6 stroker, good to 1200whp with steel rods

• DCR Custom Stroker Forged Steel Rods (Rated 1200whp)- Aluminum Rods Available For Track Cars ONLY (Rated 1500whp)
  • DCR Custom Spherical Dish Pistons- DCR Machined Valve Pockets, Additional DCR Accumulator Grooves and Additional DCR Ring Land Grooves, Coated Piston Skirts, Includes Pins and Rings (not coated) with Compression from 6.8:1 - 8.5:1 for Stock Bore, .020 Over Bore, and .040 Over Bore (Higher Compressions Available, Consumer Assumes All Risk Associated with Custom High Compression, as it is not recommended or practical with the SRT-4 engine design).
  • DCR Stroker Crank
  • DCR Stroker Rod and Main Bearing Set
  • DCR Pioneered Crank Strap Kit (THE ONLY STRAP KIT PROVEN TO 1500HP!!!)- DCR Machining for Billet Straps to Reinforce the Arch between the Main and Rod Bolts
  • DCR Crank Stud Kit- H11 Heat Treated Material to withstand 210,000lbs/sq.in.- Race Tested to 1400HP
  • DCR Complete Oil System includes New Oil Pump Housing with DCR Coated Gears, DCR Windage Tray combined with DCR Crank Scraper and DCR Baffle, DCR Pick Up Tube and DCR Big Filter Kit
  • DCR Manually Adjusted Billet Tensioner (Don’t Settle for Knock-Offs)- Prevents from timing jumps, tested and proven at 1500HP
  • DCR Water Pump- O.E. Specifications
  • DCR Timing Belt- O.E. Specifications
  • DCR Block Bore and Hone
  • DCR Bottom End Build- Complete Assembly including Cleaning, Clearance Check and Labor
  • DCR Clearance Block for Custom Design Rods
  • DCR Block Decking (NO O-RINGING REQUIRED AS WE HAVE THE PROVEN METHOD FOR THE ULTIMATE SEAL)

Do the aluminum rods on the street, my car has them, no issues

Damn why the stroker?

i wouldnt duff any money into till its done all at once , granted that still is no insurance but it would set better in my mind knowin its right .

more power in the long run, i don’t want to do it twice. Most big power guys run 42Rs on the strokers

car is gonna be insane when done!!! cant wait to hear that cam in her!