2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC

$12,000 or best offer. If you think I am posting high, then please keep it to yourself. I am in no rush to sell this car. My wife told me that if I want to buy an Ariel Atom I can’t have 3 sports cars and I agree with her. If their is anything that you want to change out that does not require a re-tune (dash trim, exhaust work, intake) let me know. I have 2 ss/sc cobalts so that I can swap parts.

Name: Jesse
Vehicle: 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Miles: 63,xx

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:

-Ported M62 S/C running aftermarket bearings, new s/c oil, shaved snout
-2.8" Intense Racing pulley
-Siemens Flow Matched 60lb Injectors
-Injen intake with hydroshield
-Hurst short throw shifter
-Minor ported throttle body
-ZZP shorty header
-ZZP Downpipe no cat
-AutoLight copper plugs 1 stage colder
-03-04 Cobra Heat Exchanger
-Ingals Torque Damper
-TTR STOP transmission mounts
-Tuned by James of 607 Motorsports
-option B tank
-Dual By pass Modication

Wheels/Tires Modifications:

-17’ Maxxim Maze Rims
-225/45/17 tires

Interior Modifications:

-LC1 air/fuel ratio gauge and oxygen sensor
-Interceptor gauge
-zzp 3 gauge pod
-everything that was gray is painted black
-custom graphics on dash trim
-painted black radio
-black havc controls

Exterior Modifications:

-blacked out headlights
-nightshade taillights
-carbon fiber hood
-Aeroforce hood pins
-shaved removable license plate frame

Id be more willing to buy a car from someone that is willing to disclose problems with a car then someone that says a car is perfect.

Things to repair to make this car perfect:
-carbon fiber hood has hazing
-Passenger front tire wheel well wasnt attached properly and the tire rubbed a hole into it
-the passenger door has a small crease in it, i couldnt even get it to show up on photos.
-driver side headlamp gets condensation in it sometimes

I have the stock hood, transmission mounts, header, air intake box, and shifter that will go with the car. If it is a make or break deal, my brother has the stock rims and potentially could get them back. Thanks for looking and PM me if interested in seeing the vehicle. I suggest upgrading the stock clutch if you plan on doing some hard wide open pulls with this car. It works just fine for daily use but it will start losing grip pretty quick!

http://i51.tinypic.com/acqzd3.jpg

nice plate.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

where are you getting the atom from? how much are they going for these days?

im not going to get it til next season. you can get a used ariel atom for 30k. which runs the same motor that is in my cobalt.

nice car, i had a black one with the same mods as yours except i was tuned by new era and the car moved! i miss it for sure. GLWTS!!!

My Boss has a atom with a SS/SC motor on it for sale. His father is trailer’n it down to Texas as we speak to get it registered. PM me if interested.

extremely jealous. unfortunately with a mortgage and having other sports cars i really need to get rid of some and get a nice down payment before hand. ill PM you next year when i have more cash in hand :wink:

Nice car. GLWS!

Wish I was looking right now. Can’t wait to get rid of my Cavalier. GLWS.

GLWS look neat,

But with the atom, i dont understand i was under the assumption it cannot be registered/insured? whats the secret around this.

I believe you just have to register it as a kit car, and then jump through all of those hoops it would take, but it is possible to do (in most states!)

Do Ariel Atoms have differing motor choices? I though the all came with K series vtec’s.

Anywho, GLWS!

I don’t thin they come with the Honda motors here in the US.

Interesting, i’ll have to look into it.

Regardless, I digress. Car looks nice OP. Hope you sell it soon, and if you pick up an Atom, LET US KNOW!

the first US ariel atoms came with lsj motors. I believe the newer ones have the K series motors. Even if i sell this car tomorrow, i still wont have enough money til next year to purchase one. id like to have around 18k saved up before purchasing one. thanks for all the positive feedback about the car!

There have been 4 versions of the Atom. The original coming with the b18c5 motor.

bump!