2005 Legacy GT Limited STi Swap Thread

just got a sti tmic and dw65c

only thing left is plugs, downpipe and a clutch kit

Just picked up a 1 piece Perrin catted downpipe, all I need now is some OEM gaskets and a clutch kit

Good choice on the perrin parts, which catback are you going with…Who’s tuning the car?

oh man, cant wait to see this done. going to be a beast

Ray from turbotek is goign to tune the car. Just keeping the stock catback for now

Last of the parts ordered. Now all i need is a couple gaskets, new plugs, fluids and a clutch kit

sti tmic

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/B862AA87-BCBE-45B0-A9A8-A517E0B3C227-453-000000C8C3D5504F.jpg

perrin downpipe

damn you move fast

over nite parts from japan

Wrap the uppipe. Also a very good idea to replace the turbocharger drain line now.

will do. thanks

Sick! Let me know of you need a hand with anything I might be able to get a engine hoist

Ended up getting a refund on the Perrin downpipe because after 2 weeks they guy told me he needed it for his car…ugh. I picked up a new CNT downpipe with Catt for a good price though. Also picked up a new Perrin air filter for the short ram intake yesterday.

did a little teardown on the new engine last night. Getting the intake manifold over to CRC today for that STi red powder coat. still need to finish my tgv deletes

Sweet! I really appreciate a project that much more when the owner does the build and even more when they don’t use people to build it for them! Are u doing it that flat wrinkle red?

yeah, like a darker wrinkle red, trying to match the sti oem look

ordered some air pump delete plates this morning, ordered a clutch last week. only parts i still need are some oem subaru stuff my buddy has ordered for me and the intake manifold back from crc and i’m ready to get cracking on this.

intake and bracket were cleaned and blasted last night. I am firing up the oven tonight to outgas the intake, do the bracket and a shit ton of other bike parts lined up in matte black so I can do it all in one oven cycle. Then I will mix up some wrinkle red with some matte black to try and darken up the color and shoot a test bottle to compaire my results. All goes well intake and bracket will be done tonight.

clutch kit, light weight flywheel and a fresh perrin filter arrived today

Still waiting on:
sti intercooler
air pump block off plates

sweet, thanks mike. perfect timing too. Closing on the house tomorrow and hopefully by saturday i’ll be pulling the engine out in my new 26’x32’ garage! i’m pretty optimistic, lol

Pulled the engine saturday and swapped over all the parts on sunday. coolant hard piping, power steering, new manifold, tgvs, top feed injectors etc etc. Fred was a huge help sunday sorting out the harness and the rest of the hoses and lines. here’s some shitty cell phone pics, i didn’t take that many.

new engine on stand

old engine coming out

new engine vs old swapping parts

And the best tool i think i’ve ever bought, love this thing.