2006 Ion Redline

any dyno, track, or logged xxmph to xxxmph times to compare if you improved power?

umm ya my old run from last season was a 13.6 at 104. so we shall see what changes.

yup i did it to my Gen V. and my Lower intake. not hard, you just have to know a little about how the SC works, and areas to pay attention to

mods are going on soon. hoping to get the last pieces on friday then the install. But the before dyno at fmfkids shop showed 255whp and 225wtq. not to bad. we’ll see how things change.

apparently that was with the wrong correction factor. it was on std instead of sae. so the numbers are actually a lil less than that.

Good Runs

thats sick fran, keep us updated

jason talked to me about fixing you up today, but I have just too much shit going on right now haha

its cool. just lemme know when we can do this. Hey prugar, you gonna be around tonight lol. I got my toon down now. The exhaust still isn’t on so its the same setup as last night. Just with a bit more timing.

Hummm… Fran sucks.

If you want, we will coat your 2.8" with a nonslip, metallurgically bonded carbide coating for free. We are in testing phase right now for this coating but it appears that it works perfectly and does not wear the belt at all. Pulley slip is usually an issue at these pulley sizes. see carbinite.com
The only thing that we ask is that you give us feed back. Thanks

did you buy your exhast already? if you just get your header i can make you a custom bent exhaust for damn near Nothing compared to what you will be payin. we mandrel bend anywhere from 1 1/4" - 4" exhaust

you need to let me see your tuning setup when we fix up the exhaust. how much boost does a 2.8 pulleys come out to? what kinda lb/min does your supercharger put out at that level?

Nah i got plans.plus its supposed to snow/rain at 11 tonight.Anyways u still beat me because my little turbo doesnt have top end.I just had you for the first 3 of my gears.Your 3rd is real strong.

Ya I already bought the exhaust. Just needs a few things done to get it to fit.

Well its really not that big of an s/c. but with the 2.8 im seeing about 17lbs around redline, and I believe that it was pushing around 33lbs/min. But I would have to check again.

ok well the exhaust is all on thanks to spoolinsteve. it sounds good and looks good. i’m happy with it. All that is left now is to hook up the meth kit and get everything tuned up.

damn…it was nice having a half a car on ya for my first 3 gears.o well i guess u gotta pay if you wanna play.

chyeahhhh son

haha ya ya you had half a car on half my usual timing and a shitty AFR lol. But ya its all good. Just remember your car can be made alot faster than mine.

looks good. yea that smaller pulley will help, 2.7 with water/meth full exhaust, intake, dual pass, n ported blower should yeild you your goal of around 280whp

if u make 280 itll be a crazy race between the bimmer and the ion, i made 289whp on full bottle, sick cant wait