O nO CoBaLt SqUiRtS!! Help

So i got a phone call last night at 1am, my buddies cobalt ss is sitting on the side of the 1xx with oil everywhere (oooo no)! Needless to say i get there and there is oil everywhere, i pop the hood and its covered in oil, i look down and the dip stick is pushed up. what could cause so much pressure in the crankcase? bad rings, hole in piston, vaccum line for ventillation?

Say goodbye to piston number 4 ring lands.

is that common

What mods are done? The intake manifold has a bad design where cylinder number 4 runs leaner then the rest. If someone tuned it and tuned it to lean to start, it wouldn’t help things.

I think I know who this. Gl with it

which SS model? N/A, SC?

SSSSSSSSupercharged :gay:

isn’t there a TSB for the dipstick popping?

zip tie that shit down…i was surprised mine never popped at 19psi

:picard:

A TSB for excessive crankcase pressure? That’s a mighty big, engine killing flaw.

LOL

is there a tsb out for it or?

If there was it shouldn’t be for the dipstick popping it should be fort what ever is causing the crankcase pressure, and eventually killing the motor.

this happen on a Saturn ion redliine on the innovative dyno a few years ago.it happens to some ecotec. I checked it has no tsb on it. but it does happen. Does it drive?

Wow, I think I pulled that this is a common issue with the ecotec from that LOL JkJk

Posting from I pod did not proof read. Calm down

I know im fuckin with ya, right so anyone happen to know what it is about the engine that causes this ?

it shut down completly and there was no oil what so ever. it was cold lastnight and i could not see much with a flashlight. thanks for the help guys keep it coming

Compression check?

if the motor shut down it is toast. Put the car in the air and try to spin the crank pully clockwise. I imagine it siezed

If he drove it with no oil in it and it shut down, theres really no point, its gone