07 Cobalt SS bolt on thread *New Pics pg. 3*

Well the modding of my car has begun. So far the only thing done is a B&M Short Shifter and HID’s that everyone likes to flame me about so whatever IDC. Well tonight i decided to buy myself a birthday present.

-Avid Engine Mounts
-K&N Typhoon Intake
-Ingalls Torque Dampner

All of this will hopfully be installed tomorrow with pics. Future mods for the car include.

-Lowering Springs
-2.9" Blower Pulley
-42lb injectors (might run 45, havent decided yet)
-Dyno Tune
-Tint
-Pacesetter Header
-Magnaflow Muffler (i dont want to spend the cash for an exhaust because it has 2.5" factory and i figure a magnaflow will give it some more tone.)
-Exedy Hyper Single Clutch

Anyway i figured i’d start a build thread for the car, i’m hoping to have everything done before the track days start since i’d like to take it and see what it can do. anyway heres a pic of the parts i got tonight (Thanks 05OrangeSS!)

hopfully ill have pics of everything installed on the car

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h183/jdmjunkie4404/IMG_7313.jpg

Nerd.
Good shit.

Modded DD’s and build threads for bolt ons…Sweet, lol

you’re just jealous…lol j/k

oh heres a nice pic that IKSHO89 took. you can kind of see the De-Badged Trunk

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2147/2152502241_fd28365be6.jpg?v=0

^ woulda been more appropriate in the “post favorite pics of your ride” thread but ok, lol

go post pics of the civic in that thread:gay3:

oh god…dont…please…you know i hate seeing them…god i fucking miss that car lol

I hope you’re talking to Mike @ New Era about this. He has a LOT of experience in what makes these cars tick. Apparently many/most of the companies or at least owners out there are doing a lot of the wrong things…

He keeps saying he wants to get tuned by them. Seems like the best option to me, I saw some impressive #'s on their site a while back…

Thats why I took mine to new era. Your going to need 60lb injectors…just go with the 2.8 pulley…17 lbs…you’ll be right around where my car was power wise…260whp/235tq…those engine mounts still need to “break in” I didn’t really get alot of drive time with those. Also get some striping or something for where the intake goes into the inner fender cause it will wear through from rubbing. If you have any questions just shoot me a text or PM

solid mounts and and damper overkill?

The car has terrible wheel hop so it isn’t really overkill.

I can vouch for that, yes it does

what would wear through? the intake or the inner fender? could i wrap the intake in something?

i like the parking garage pic… when u say track days… do you mean 1/4 mile… or are you going to run this on a road course?

road caurse, unless hes gonna wimp out when we go to dunnville, lol

i would like to take it to dunnville hopfully.

im not gonna puss out…i just want to have shit done lol

i think the mods u have done would be more beneficial to a 1/4 mile lol…

side note… why do people want stiffer engine mounts and less vibration from the motor? what purpose does it serve? j/w

when the engine rocks you lose torque.