O nO CoBaLt SqUiRtS!! Help

ya there was oil all over the road, and the motor bay was drenched in oil
it wasent prettty, but i do have pix

i really do not think it made it far what ever went causing the pressure build up most likley shut it down. i am hoping for the best

monday

My guess is the ring land went, causing a good amount of blow by and continued driving for a minute or two unnoticed losing a good bit of oil and possibly seizing the motor.

and this explains how oil got all over the bay ?

Ya it would cause a build up of pressure in the crankcase causing the weakest link aka dipstick to blow out with such pressure that it squirted all over the hood and the engine bay.
there was not much oil on the road only where it came to a stop so hopfully it was caught in time

blow by caused the dipstick to pop, causing oil to get all over the engine bay

Edit-little slow on the itouch

If the dipstick blew up some the oil would come out of the dipstick tube and all over the engine bay. Just ask bing.

Right I get what happened, but he said “blow by untill there was little to no oil left in the engine causing it to seize” NVM i know what happened HaHa

LOL right

Edit: I see what your saying now

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/2894519970_f0d41ba538.jpg?v=0

just raise the boost to compensate for the bad cylinder. That is what I did and it got me into the 12’s.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:hWdYam0C0IBhjM:http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg wow…

Your location of Louies on Harlem is a much bigger :picard:

i know the feeling of being on the side of the road with oil all over ( damn dsm). anyways what yr is it? disnt he have warranty?

The warranty on these isn’t very long from what I’ve gathered from JDMjunkie.

I hope that’s not the case for him:meh:

PIP3983 - can be accessed through the service department.

Engine-Engine Mechanical (07 - Poor, Performance, Power, 13 - Check Engine Light Code, 14 - Leak, Foaming Condition, 20 - Loose, Broken, 21 - Fit, Appearance, Clearance, 26 - Alignment, 35 - DTC, 44 - Intermittent, 45 - Lamp On)

Subject: Oil Leak from Top of Dipstick - Replace Intake Manifold Gasket - keywords Accel Acceleration CEL Crank Crankcase Dip Engine Excessive Hard High MIL P0171 PCV Pressure Repeat SES Stick WOT

Models:
2005-2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
2004-2006 Saturn Ion Redline
with 2.0L Engine (VIN P - RPO LSJ)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

CONDITION/CONCERN:

On rare occasions, the engine oil dipstick may become unseated on hard acceleration, resulting in an engine oil leak. If the engine is operated long enough like this, a P0171 DTC could set due to the engine ingesting unmetered air.

This concern is the result of excessive crankcase pressure on hard acceleration. This crankcase pressure may be the result of an intake manifold gasket concern that allows supercharger boost pressure to bypass the intake manifold gasket where it seals around the PCV orifice, which is between the #2 and #3 intake runners.

RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS:

If the SI diagnostics do not isolate a cause for this concern, replace the intake manifold gasket using part number 12597855, which contains an updated sealing surface around the PCV orifice. This part number, or any future part number, is designed to address this concern.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

They have a 36,000 mile warranty stock, with the option to purchase the 100,000 mile. The '07’s up, had a stick 100,000 mile.

apparently i was right…somewhat

Cracked ring land, melted piston

I’ve had a Ion Redline do this to me while tuning it… oil everywhere and it simply was the diptick popping out. I’ve never had it happen on my Cobalt though.

Also just an FYI the #4 piston issue on the LSJ engine is not due to a bad intake design but rather a returnless fueling system which causes the #4 cylinder to get fuel last and unevenly.