2006 Last 4G63, New Evo X Engine: 4B11T

Hmm… was at the dealer questioning evo X’s and came across this in a brochure

“Now, as the idol and its believers race into a 10th generation, a new SE Package for the Lancer Evolution IX celebrates every clipped apex, every grazed redline, every hoisted trophy. The final 4G63 takes a victory lap.

and on the right side of the brochure it says 4B11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GEMA_engines
scroll down a bit to 4B11T

Apparently they are going to make a lesser version equivalent to the WRX. A good move on their part.

correct

The 2008 Lancer lineup should look something like this (rumored HP and price range):
Base Lancer (4B11) - 130 hp ($14-16k)
Ralliart Lancer N/A (4B12) - 170hp ($18-20k)
Ralliart Lancer Turbo/AWD (4B12T) - 235hp ($22-25k)
Evolution X Turbo/AWD (4B11T) - 320hp ($32-35k)

So the OZ Rally/Ralliart version might have more than double digits to the wheels?

ralliart looks to be a good WRX competitor

:word:

Aren’t they suppose to be using paddle shifters on the 10?

Is this new engine a totally new engine or is it derived from something Mitsu currently offers?

Isn’t the chassis supposed to be the same / based off of the Dodge Caliber? I’m more inclined to believe what I’ve heard about it being a direct injected 2.4 with the MIVEC head.

Since they aren’t in the WRC anymore they don’t have to offer a 2.0 . Should be interesting to see what they can do with more dispracement.

hahah. That totally made me lol for some reason. I just picture a bunch of mitsu engineers standing around “Ohhhhh Dispracement!!”

Yeah, it makes me chuckle as well. I dont think i have said displacement in 2 years. I always use my engrish version…

The OZ Rally and the Ralliart are two different animals. The OZ rally is a slow ass Lancer with wheels and a badge. The Ralliart has always had a respectable (for an econobox) 2.4L MIVEC 4 cylinder. Performance on-par with the likes of the SE-R Spec-V.

So you did it on purpose? + 4 Karma…

Hell yeah, it’ll be the new big thing you watch.

looks like good bang for the buck

inb4twentynewsilverozralliartsareontheboardnextyear

No kidding

Not entirely true. They stepped away from WRC to develop the new EVO. They will be back in the hunt in 2007.

A VERY good “article” of the mitsu motors :