Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I was planning on buying a new 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with the 5 speed manual tranny cuz the paddle shifters are semi-auto, and i was wondering if its a good choice…? They have a stock 168 HP engine and do 0-60 in 9.00(not impressive) Wondering if this car with the right engine mods can become a good or at least descent tuner?

:hsugh:

HAHA???

you answered your own question. it will get 32 mpg but wont win you any races. :kekegay:

Negative. Find a used evo.

x2
drive your current car, untill you can find/afford one thats if your looking for speed. If you want the 32mpg, then thats a diffrent story.

ill sell you a piece of poop for $6.99

dont get lippy with me motherfucker.

Wow these forums are rough!

No, these forums are truthful.

If you want a happy medium between the Evo and the base Lancer, you might want to consider the 2009 Ralliart Lancer. It is a step down from the evo, but it has a turbo and all wheel drive, but the engine is not as powerful as the evo and the car only comes with the paddleshifter gearbox (no stick). Also, even though it has AWD, it is not the advanced AWD system that the Evo has. It won’t be as quick as an evo, but it will be a heck of a lot faster than the base Lancer.

any lancer other than the evo is fucking gay.

My wife test drove an auto and said it was a joke. She said it felt slower than her 96 sunfire she had back in the day. The quality level of everything was subpar too. She ended up getting a Jetta…didn’t look as “cool” but the quality was much higher and the engine was better.

you can get a 06 Grand Prix GXP for like 15-18 grand now. get one of those

sig material right there…

http://jjsautomotiveracing.com/2007pontiacgrandprix.aspx

I thought everywhere they said the Ralliart has the same engine as the EVO just a smaller turbo and detuned.

They are right AND wrong the Ralliart DOES NOT HAVE A 4G63. The Ralliart does not have the same motor as the “evo” the ralliart has the 4B11 engine, its an aluminum block the same as the SLOW ASS piece of shit evo ten (Evo X) which is gay.
the last REAL evo was the evo 9.

So yes you can get a Ralliart with an evo x motor, but they are both absolute garbage and are not fast.

anythings better than a beretta

The X and Ralliart are both so, so, so, so overpriced it’s not even funny. Nearly $30k for the Ralliart and the Evo X MR I test drove had a $43.5k STICKER PRICE!?!?!?!?! You can buy a brand new C6 w/ the Z51 package for $43.5. You could get an extremely low mileage E39 M5. You could get a currenty body-style E55 AMG. You could get a prev-gen CTS-V and put $15k of mods into it.

I just don’t see how the hell Mitsu thinks the Evo X is worth $43.5k. Insanity.

Truf.

-TJ