2008 College Football thread

After this year U of Minnesota will have their own brand new stadium. And last year they were 1-11… but they still averaged 52,000 per game at home. Pitt Can’t do that now and they are 4-1. But it really insn’t fair cause minneapolis is the 13th largest US City. Much much bigger than Pittsburgh.
Pitt even in 1982 when they set their yearly attendance record, only averaged 54,000 fans per game. pitt just doesn’t have a following here in pittsburgh. I am guessing their average attendance last year was around 35,000 if that. I have rooted for pitt my whole life, But i have also rooted for PSU as well. i never root for WVU. But I went to PSU and i will always root for PSU to beat pitt.
put yourself in Foxsportspittsburgh shoes, would you talk about a team that basically has a lack of following in the home town or would you talk about a team that is gonna get your ratings up. all they care about is ratings for their show. PSU does that for them. hence the PSU football story every sunday morning. I just wish they would play each other every year. here or there or at a neutral site. Preferably in beaver stadium cause ther is no venue like it. And i have been to the 4 biggest in the country.