2008 College Football thread

If anything is certain in college football these days that being ranked that high in this point of the season means you have a long way to fall!

Pitt wishes they had that far to fall…

i’m tired of hearing about the big 12 and the sec all day every day on television… jeez

lemme guess you are a PSU alum…typical smug attitude.

:blah: I root for pitt Too. But it is the truth. you can’t tell me you don’t wish Pitt was in the National championship mix… Only stating the facts. How was that smug? Is there a reason Pitt diehards are always so defensive? of course they have to come up with excuses why they are continually not up to par. Just like the basketball team, some might be happy with them getting bounced in the sweet 16 every year, it is getting damn old if you ask me. They will never draw in the big talent to the football or basketball team needed to win a national championship. and thats Fact! And it sucks. but such is life.

All I was pointing out is, a typical trait for someone who goes/went to PSU is they are smug. Smug about how great their school is and how much better it is than others. How was it smug…you are saying don’t you wish Pitt is as great as the all high mighty Penn State…I don’t expect you to admit you are smug…but just pointing out you are…Keep in mind PSU has yet to play a decent team yet…b/c the way joe poopy pants likes the schedule, when they can win their next 3-4 games then I will say they have a shot at the National Championship.

its wrong to cheer for your school/alma mater? we can’t nutride our schools like you do for Pitt?? talk about a “Typical smug attitude.”

There is a diference in cheering for your team and taking pride w/o being smug…think of the south park episode with hybrid cars…that us how your typical PSU grad acts when it comes to anything with school pride. Sort of like how you have some friends/acquaintances that are cocky and others who are confident of where they stand. Well it seems that when it comes to school pride all my friends/acquaintances from PSU are “cocky”…an yes 99% of them won’t admit they are smug/cocky when it comes to school pride…being sports, academics or whatever…but that is expected as the responses I am getting from PSU grads are giving me now.

You should of went to PSU… you would of had better football games to go to, gotten a better education, unless you are a DR. And you wouldn’t always have to try to prove PSU smugness, you could join us!!!

Everyone that cheers for their team and thinks the world of their team is wrong…! DOI!!! everyone should cheer for their team like PITT fans do. complain how they can’t fill a stadium, complain about how pittsburgh likes beer more than Pitt football. complain about an off campus Stadium… Blah blah blah… it is what it is. Pitt Will always play second Fiddle to PSU in their own town.

And who the hell has Pitt Played? no one… USF is the closest to a decent team. Syracuse? Bowling Green? um they lost there. And I love the Joe Poopy pants comment we haven’t heard that before, that is all Pitt has on PSU!!!

There’s that PSU attitude I love.

Didn’t want to let you down!

pitt is on the move fast! #17 and rolling. penn state can only fall. pitt beat navy like they should 42-21.

Pitt is moving on up… But they could win out and they probably wont get to the top 8…

Very true…and if Penn State loses one they can below 8th…either way I am hoping for a PSU/Pitt bowl game

I will take the National championship first,… Then I guess we could settle to Put the wood to Pitt… be a repeat of Pitt - Utah in the Fiesta bowl a few years ago

basically the top SEC teams and the top big 12 teams still have to play eachother. the top 20 will be extremely different in 4 weeks.

Where did Pitt’s Defense go today? Obviously not to Heinz field. What a dissapointment. I guess PSU will have to just settle for the National championship game as long as they beat OSU.

Well PSU did their job with a firm beatdown of OSU. Now a loss by texas or alabama has to happen in order for them to be put in the National Championship. i hope PSU isn’t on the outside looking in with a 12-0 team when it all settles. This would be about the 8th time that would happen. Undefeated and no national championship

Firm?? I think that is quite a gross overstatement. I am all about PSU making it to the BCS championship and was very glad to see them win. If they play that game best out of three I can not say for sure I think PSU would win the series. The game changing play was a TRUE FRESHMAN making a mistake by fumbling the ball that resulted in the only touchdown of the game. I have a feeling they are going to have a little trouble in the Battle for the Land Grant trophy:)

anyway, Go Penn State :slight_smile:

the only good news for pitt is that they control their own destiny in the big east. they have 4 conference games left. uconn and wvu are both in first with pitt still left on their schedules. Pitt wins out, they would get the tie breaker.

after the second long TD pass by rutgers u’d think elijah fields would have played. He’s probably the most gifted athlete on pitt’s roster. I dont blame a lot of losses on a coaching staff but the right personel was not on the field and the game plan was about a year late…ray rice isnt at rutgers anymore.