2008 Mitsubishi EVO X Project/DD

I’m taking my X to Moon in Lake Placid…nothing but good rapport up there. I have:

ACT HDSS & Prolite
DepoRacing UICP
NTercooler
CNT Catless turboback
Agency Power Intake
HKS SSQV

282awhp before tune

Dumb idea, have it remote tuned by my guy, it’ll be done before your car would have it’s first pull at moon, but I’m sure you won’t listen

I know this guy. He contacted me on one of the evo forums. He does good work (I saw some of it) but I decided I wanted mine dyno tuned not street tuned. Thats why I suggested moon. I like seeing the numbers and progression for the tune. I don’t want to just say “I have more power now” I can say “It was baseline 282 and he got it up to 331 (or whatever)”

Nothing wrong with this style, I just prefer dyno over street. My buddy with the twincharged Cobalt got his street tuned and still has no idea what power he is putting down. Sure, its damn fast, pulls like a freight train and idles like a a muscle car, but I don’t like the mystery around that. Thats all.

lolz

Road tuning is better than dyno tuning. You don’t drive on a dyno everyday, do you? If your tuner actually knows what they’re doing, they’ll road tune the car after they dyno it tune to smooth things out. Just go to Moon or Synapse after the road tune and get dynoed so you have something to brag about.

He’s clueless, I’m done. It’s beyond me why he would not take advice of a fellow Evo owner that’s making nearly triple the power. Not to mention the countless excellent reviews of my tuner on the net.

Moon tuned my buddy’s 8, it was total garbage. John@TheShop retuned it and it picked up lots of power, and I would not consider John in the same league as my new tuner.

my brother knows the owner of nolimitmotorsports and he also knows some people from DG Motors i dont know about you but i feel alot safer getting my car tuned on a dyno from a guy that i know has a evo x with 862 awhp im pretty sure he knows his shit rather than some guy i know nothing about that is going to street tune my car and i dont know what he is doing. i know the guys at nolimitmotorsports knows thier shit also my brother has had plenty of cars dynoed and tuned there so either or im pretty sure id rather go to someone that i know and that i know knows thier stuff about tuning and about evo’s expecially ive heard about moon but havent been able to find much on them so i was ruleing them out.

Thank you!

dyno to dial in. street/track tune to fine tune the maps. nothing beats road data with actual airflow, and load.

the person that im going to does that after he dyno’s it

You also have more than three bolt-ons making power. I never said the way your car was tuned is worse or dumb so stop thinking that. All I said was I PERSONALLY would like it tuned on a dyno.

When did Moon do his 8? Taylor took over only a couple years back, I believe.

i had my STi tuned at moon when seth was there. i have no complaints with the shop or with seth other than it was pricey. 700$ was a hefty pricetag but the car ran well while it was alive.

sad to hear its not alive anymore hope it lived a good life though

/\ yeah about that. LOL

???

Burn baby burn :rofl

lived a great life (see also: fuck subarus) right up til it caught fire at 170+mph and burned to the ground. but yeah. great car…:banghead

Now its 170 lol wow dude , maybe 120 maybeeeeeee

speedo was wrapped past 160 top of 5th… glad you remember so clearly.