2008 Mitsubishi EVO X Project/DD

Yeah ok. Grab let it go it was yrs ago and it is not impressing anyone anymore esp seeing cars u beat are far faster now and u would Prolly lose .

not denying that. car wasnt anything special. it was fun and relatively fast for a short period of time. its done and gone. i havent built a car since and doubt i will. goddamn that sounds depressing… im turning into pjb… well almost. im not fucking sheep.

isn’t a dyno for tuning purposes only? i mean every dyno is different. within so many hp%. say you make 420 on synapse and on joe blows in lake placid you only make 395. right? a buddy had a motor make over 300 on d&d’s dyno in loweville ny. last saturday we took it to dynotech and it only made 281. nothing changed. between the two dyno sessions

air temp, density and altitude all play a factor on top of fuel quality and dyno variances. should be used as a tuning tool… most use them for a penis measuring contest.

Pigs, yes. But not sheep. You’ve gotta draw the line somewhere

havent gone hog huntin in years. im past my moped stage

ugh im stuck on turbo stuff idk what turbo to get / wastegate / turbo manifold/ and whatever else there is lol and everything is getting hella expinsive lol im trying not to go over 7k so if anyone has any ideas please help im arround 5500 as of now

Depends on your HP goals really. Check out Forced Performance series of stock frame turbo’s, the Green, Red & Black.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTEVOXBlack&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTEVOXRed&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTEVOXGreen&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

I had an Evo X with somewhat similar bolt ons:
ams intake
ultimate racing uicp
APT fmic
Ams dual catback, testpipe
Xtremeboost 02housing/downpipe combo
DW 1000cc injectors
Walbro 255 fp
Black ops E85 fuel lines kit
grimmspeed ebcs

I was tuned with dual maps on e85 and 93 by DG Motors. I would highly suggest you DO NOT go to DG motors but you say you know him so do what you like. I was tuned there twice. First time was garbage and he admitted it, said he would retune my car on e85 for strap down fee. Though id give him another chance and the e85 tune was worse than the first. The injectors were scaled horribly and the fuel trims affecting wot were never turned off so it pulled my afr’s way out of line. The car ran decent when i left but within a week my wot afrs had drifted from 11.8 to 12.8 on e85 and the car felt like complete shit. I was so scared of blowing it up that i didnt go wot in the car for 6 months after that and ultimately sold the car. To Pete’s credit he tried to rectify some of the issues and offered to fix the tune via email but imo there are much better tuner’s out there. There have also been rumors of sketchy things going on at DG from evolutionm.net, inflated dyno numbers/correction factors and alot of damaged motors.

Do what you like, simply offering my experience. Miss my Evo like crazy, its a hell of a car and can really produce some good power with the right parts. Enjoy it.

^+1. DG Motors is no longer an approved sponsor on EvoM and their merchant application was rejected on EvoXForums. You can read some of the threads about them yourself and they are not favorable but then again it is your money.

like I said, lol@putting one of these cars on a dyno, esp one that’s a substantial drive away. Synapse can tune it but Morgan is an average tuner at best as compared to the top remote tuners in the Evo world. Ivey is a joke, ShopCT sucks, Moon sucks…but spend as you wish.

how about no limit motorsports? and i was looking at the forced performance turbos i want to get something decent though because after everything is said and done a little later down the road im having a built motor put in img anna jsut make it an easy swap out and in but that wont be for a little but i was thinking about the fp black or sending my stocker in and having them do thier thing and poof an fp black comes out of it but idk what to do i really have to look into it but its hard because i work so much down here in cuba it sucks and im planning on having everything at my house ready to be installed by the time i get home i was thinking about a tial wastegate, idk about headers, maybe one of these turbos http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTEVOXBlack&Category_Code=Lancer-Turbo, http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTGT3586HTA&Category_Code=Lancer-Turbo, http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTGT3076HTA&Category_Code=Lancer-Turbo, http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTGT3582HTA&Category_Code=Lancer-Turbo, and an aem water/meth kit ? i wanna stay 93 i dont want to convert to e85 jsut yet i still dont know enough about it

For fuck’s sake, can you keep your stupid opinions to yourself! just because the car started at 282 and makes 331 now doesnt mean that its making all the power it can make AND, it doesnt mean that it’s making it safely.

One more thing. ANY GOOD TUNER will tune the car on the dyno and then take it out on the street and clean up the maps. full throttle, part throttle just driving around in real life.

So, the next time you decide to give someone a shit idea. do a lil research first. moon is balls BTW i dont know of ONE fast evo or sti that came out of that dump way the hell up in lake placid or wherever they are.

Take the car to Morgan. He’s a great tuner and he’s right in our backyard.

Go to Evolutionm.net and just read. then when you’ve read enough keep reading. see what ppl are doing, how much they’re making how the driveability is then make your choice.

Wow. This guy asked for opinions so we all offered them. Now I’m an asshole for it. Try paying attention to what I wrote. I never said I’m AT 331. It was hypothetical. I’m not trying to get monster power out of my car OR run 10’s at the track. Taylor tunes for a safe DD/weekend racer. He is recommended in the area, contrary to your opinion.

Now, AGAIN, I will say I HAVE NO ISSUES with people getting an email tune. But I decided I wanted to go the route of dyno tuning. Is that such a crime?? Really??

no its not a crime and let this all be a lesson dont be like ^^^ that guy lol i know where you were going with the numbers and everything you said but obviously that guy dosent know how to read

I forgot I don’t know anything about Evo’s. And I did read. I know it was an imaginary number. I was making a point that a good tuner will do a street tune after its been on the Dyno. But whatever I don’t know anything. And now I’m “that guy”…hahaha Pfft.

Lol thanks. He is a good guy and knows alot about evos but our cars are quite different. He means well

i dont get why he fliped out over nothing really though haha and also who is morgan? i dont mean for you to be that guy you just made a big scene over nothing haha no disprespect just in the army there are alot of “those guys” hahahahaha i cant wait to get back home i hate this place!

sry i didnt mean to flip. i havent been on the forum in a while. Morgan = Synapse. He’s a great tuner, you will leave there happy and the car will make good clean safe and reliable power.