2009 Cadillac CTS-V (update with dyno results)

And for the record. If you are consdiering a $70k car. The $100k car is 43% more expensive. And 43% is closer to 50% than 30%.

In the end, if you don’t think a $30k difference is a big deal, you won’t ever be able to afford either.

$30k is a big difference on a $300k house, you can sure as shit bet it is on a $70k OR $100k car.

:picard:

[quote=“walter the flamer,post:61,topic:32029"”]

And for the record. If you are consdiering a $70k car. The $100k car is 43% more expensive. And 43% is closer to 50% than 30%.
In the end, if you don’t think a $30k difference is a big deal, you won’t ever be able to afford either.

$30k is a big difference on a $300k house, you can sure as shit bet it is on a $70k OR $100k car.

[/quote]

Who said I was considering the 70k car dumbass? I clearly stated “looking to buy a $70k vehicle over a $100k vehicle?”. OVER THE 100K VEHICLE MEANS YOU’RE LOOKING AT THE 100K VEHICLE INITITALLY. Go back to jerking off with your math book. Reading words isn’t your strong point.

BTW - It is spelled “considering” not “consdiering”. If you need help, I recommend finding some friends who can spell.

So why did you bring up a comparison of 70k and 100k?
When neither car is in that range.

A corollary to the question at hand is, if you swapped badges between the M5 and CTS-V, how many of the humpers that think it is worth a 40k premium would change their minds?

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:34,topic:32029"”]

The M5 is 100k.

[/quote]

[quote=“Marcus,post:29,topic:32029"”]

I bet the price of the CTS-V will be 55k-65k

[/quote]

[quote=“66impalass,post:37,topic:32029"”]

you really don’t know what you are talking about, base of the M5 is $82K, out the door you are closer to $90k plus the premium you are closer to $100k, so you are saying that a 1/3 price difference is not that much more, you really are special

[/quote]

[quote=“brent_strong,post:41,topic:32029"”]

We both know you were talking about the CTS-V when you said 55-65

[/quote]

[quote=“BigRon,post:52,topic:32029"”]

A new V right now is $53,470

[/quote]

[quote=“BigRon,post:63,topic:32029"”]

So why did you bring up a comparison of 70k and 100k?
When neither car is in that range.

[/quote]

BigRon,

Do you need some BigGlasses? It appears as though both of those cars are within that range… either $5k + on the CTS-V… which nobody knows the price of because the car doesn’t even exist yet, or the current year M5 which was said to be ~$100k. Which one of those is so far out of the range that you don’t see the connection?

I’m done nit-picking on a car that doesn’t exist, that has lost 60HP 2 months, has only a rendered image to go off of… to explain that the NEW M5 will be a better car. Simply my opinion. Everything else I stated was either re-stating what someone else has already written, or fact.

100 - 70 = 30.
Fact.
Bears eat beats.
Fact.
Battlestar Gallactica.

I doubt a car which currently cost 53k will go to 70k, but I guess I can understand your reasoning for 70k, but the M5?
You took a stat from a guy named Pass Mcgrass for fact? (No offense Pass)
According to bmwusa.com,
M5 is $82,900 plus Destination & Handling $775.
But I guess if you include a dealer mark up of 10+ grand, I understand your reasoning.

I love BMWs my dad has had a 3, 5 and 7 and I loved everyone of them. I think the M5 is a better vehicle, but your statement was “Is cost ever really a factor when you’re looking to buy a $70k vehicle over a $100k vehicle? No.”
Which I do not agree with.
So we can agree to disagree on that.

Here is a video:

They are claiming that it will be the N/A V8 found in the Z06 which would make since (2004-2005 CTS-V have the LS6 from the Z06)

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/sedans/spied-2009-cadillac-cts-v/
Claim the "engine currently called the “LSA,” is a new supercharged V-8 good for “at least 500 horsepower.”
and
Pricing should be higher than the current car’s $53,470, but not as high as $60,000.
and
Then referencing the current BMW M5, Lutz said the CTSV “will suck the doors off” the competition if the new M5 isn’t significantly better. After driving a prototype, Lutz said “flat-out incredible. I’ve never driven anything like that.”

They are saying 6.2L SC

Who knows, we will have to wait

[quote=“Jack,post:62,topic:32029"”]

Who said I was considering the 70k car dumbass? I clearly stated “looking to buy a $70k vehicle over a $100k vehicle?”. OVER THE 100K VEHICLE MEANS YOU’RE LOOKING AT THE 100K VEHICLE INITITALLY. Go back to jerking off with your math book. Reading words isn’t your strong point.

BTW - It is spelled “considering” not “consdiering”. If you need help, I recommend finding some friends who can spell.

[/quote]

Listen you illiterate piece of shit.

$30k is a LARGE DIFFERENCE if you are considering EITHER you SMOLDERING PIECE OF SHIT. Your crack whore of a mother should have let your worthless load drip down the side of her leg and done the world a favor. You are wrong, and only continuing to prove your ignorance by dragging this on. You are a moron. I had a typo. I’d rather be beat to death with a calculator than have to live a life with as low an intelligence level as you continually demonstrate in your posts.

God you are a retard. You can’t handle math, and think that people saying that $30k /= 30% and that even if it was, 30% is a LARGE price difference, and is a completely seperate class of car buyer, are some how saying that the M is not the superior car. L-E-A-R-N to read. Using insults, repetition and CAPSLOCK does not make you smarter.

Who gives a shit if someone thinks 30k is alot or not? For some it is and for some it’s not. People who like BMW will buy BMW and people who like GM will buy GM. Who gives a shit about trying to convince one to buy either vehicle…

This is a huge success for GM.
People even talking about a Cadillac and THE M5 in the same breath?!?!?!?
Wow, nice job GM.

:mamoru:

good point

Walter and Jack = the gay.

And BigRon, why would he not take my statement for fact? Go to any BMW dealer and price out a new M5. It’s a hundred G’s.

Since I have not posted anything about a CTS-V recently here you go:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007/1031595-2009-cts-v-dyno-sheets.html

The tune got them to:
478 horsepower and 478 ft pounds of torque to the wheels

http://wait4meperformance.com/pictures/2009-ctsv-stock-3.gif

If only it was made in Germany then it would be a decent car.

I’ll take the luxury cruiser. And yes, I will have 500 wheel with that.

The new CTS V’s look so Badass!!!

VERY nice

I would deff rock one in a few years. Im lazy so could you go ahead and tell me what these are realistically going to be selling for? Also more pics are needed.

More than you can afford, pal. Cadillac.

i think they start at 59,999 which is a good deal for such a hot sexy machine!

Loaded up they are mid 60’s for the recaros, wheels and other options.

Employee price plus current incentives you can pick up a base 6-speed for low 50’s.

Here is the price thread:
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59174