2009 Corvette ZR1 Supercharged LS9: Discussion & pics

woah. Nice spelling and grammar, I knew you could do it! :clap: Good job! Keep up the good work! :clap::biglaugh:

Ahhhh yes, didn’t see that other link.
TY
D

has anyone seen the article on the corvette museum website yet, thats what I was reading. it has all the specs as well as pics

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2009zr1/index.shtml

for 100k it better do loops around a mustang…a mustang is in a totally different class of car than the vette let alone the top of line ZR1 vette

I will have to agree on that one, the ZR1’s are more in the Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche class. If you compare the New Camaro, New Challenger and New mustang its closer, except that the New Camaro kicks the other cars asses

thats the sex right there

I hear the Z28 will have the LS3 and its still up in the air on what is going in the SS

Theived form digitalcorvettes. Look at that TQ curve! The area under there is just sick! Wonder what there gunna look like with a pully swap and retune? :eek:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3940/gmgraphrz5hb1.jpg

Production will be limited to about 3,000 units.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071224/ANA03/712240338&nocache=1

hmmmm maybe a slim chance now I guess.I had always heard 1500-2000.Hope it’s true.
D

Holy fucking sex batman.

so i got an email last week about the ZR1 from our GM head honcho for NY. what was interesting was not the email but the last sentence of the email…

SNEAK-PEEK OF THE 2009 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 . . . When it arrives next summer, the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 will be the most powerful and fastest production car ever produced by General Motors, with performance enabled by a new, supercharged 6.2L LS9 small-block V-8 engine. The car will officially debut in January at the North American International Auto Show, but Chevrolet released some photographs and product details today, giving a hint of what’s to come.

Incorporating the engineering experience already found in the Corvette Z06’s LS7 engine and the Corvette’s new-for-2008 6.2L LS3, GM Powertain is targeting 100 horsepower per liter for the LS9, or 620 horsepower (462 kW), and approximately 595 lb.-ft. of torque (807 Nm); final SAE-certified power levels will be available in early March 2008. It is, indeed, the ultimate small-block engine for the ultimate Corvette.

The enabler of the LS9’s performance is a new, large positive-displacement Roots-type supercharger — with a unique four-lobe design — developed for the engine by Eaton. It is teamed with an integrated charge cooling system that reduces inlet air temperature for maximum performance. The LS9 represents the first of several new, supercharged small-block engines that will be introduced in GM vehicles in the near future, each using superchargers of similar design.

That tells me there will be more blowers on LSX’s!!! I don’t care wether they put the LS7 or the Blown LS3 in the 09 Camaro because either one would be amazing

I think I have to take another shower
:spunk:

I can’t wait for all these guys to upgrade to a real blower and I can bolt that on my C5 :slight_smile:

Like what a kenne belle? These are a new generation of superchargers rival the efficency of turbos. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a blower more efficient. Not to mention the integration of the intercooler. I would love to see some kind of post to a link of a better supercharger. I am curious what’s out there.

ToruedSS, that sentence is correct. The LS9 is in the line of the LS8 and LSA which are both 6.2L SC motors. The LS8 is supposed to be around 500 HP and the LSA 550. I saw a post on another link somewhere that laid out all the specs for the new motors. I’ll see if I can find it. I’m curious as to when the gen Vs will come out featuring direct ingection.

Found it! here it is:

With so much incorrect information out there about GM’s future LS motors, we though it would be a good time to query our sources and get the real deal. From the Cadillac CTS-V to the Corvette ZR1, we take a look at the LSA, LS7, LS8, LST, and LS9.

LS7

This is, of course, the current 7.0-liter, naturally aspirated motor in the Z06. It’s handbuilt at GM’s Wixom performance center and is very expensive to make. Too expensive with the LS9 motor coming. While there will be several months where the LS7 and LS9 will be built at Wixom, the LS7 will eventually die, probably sometime between late-2009 or mid-2010.

Several publications have repeatedly insisted the new CTS-V will be powered by the LS7, but this is completely false. GM cannot spend engineering dollars on a CTS-V to start with the LS7, then 12 to 18 months later, switch motors after the LS7 is discontinued. Rather, the super Caddy will feature an all-new powerplant.

LSA

The LSA will find its way under the hood of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The LSA is a 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold.

Preliminary specs have it over 500 horsepower with a choice of manual or automatic transmissions. The CTS-V will start production in September of 2008 with this motor. Look for around 6000 to 8000 units annually.

Original plans also had the LSA going into an Escalade V-series truck. However justifying the development cost — not to mention CAFE considerations — might put possibility of such a truck in jeporady. At present, it is unclear whether the Escalade-V a truck is still part of the plan.

LS8

This is another 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It also features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. This will be the motor going into the top-end Zeta platform cars. The most premium Camaro, probably called Z28, will get this motor.

That said, original plans had this motor going into a Denali SUV or truck, however, those plans now seem to be canceled. Again, this maybe a result of CAFE.

Some of Holden’s vehicles may also get this motor eventually. Initial specs have this motor at 475 to 500 horsepower with a choice of manual or automatic transmissions.

When the LS7 dies, the Z06 will get this motor. Possibly, slightly uptuned from the version the Zeta cars would get. This motor will start production in first or second quarter of 2010.

LST

Yet another 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It also features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. This motor may or may not still be in GM’s plans. The original plan was to put it in GM’s Heavy Duty trucks.

Delivering in excess of 450 pound-feet of torque, it was set to start in the middle of 2008. However, it now seems this motor may no longer be part of the plan. GM may have decided its diesel offerings were sufficient. It’s also possible GM had a hard time justifying the cost of development. Of course, CAFE might have also played a role.

LS9

This is the 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger going into the ZR-1 Corvette. Like all the others, it has an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. Original specs had this motor at 600 horsepower and 550 to 560 pound-feet of torque. It now seems the horsepower rating may have jumped to as much as 650.

If that’s true, it would probably be safe to estimate a similar jump in torque to around 600 ft lbs. Sources have stated the LS9 can make 700hp on a test stand. Obviously though, that is without a car attached to the motor. Don’t look for any production hp number starting with “seven.”

It now appears an auto/paddle shift may also be an option on the ZR-1. This motor will be handbuilt at GM’s Wixom performance center. They will only make 1500 to 2000 units a year. Production of the ZR-1 starts in July of 2008.

Link: http://www.leftlanenews.com/a-detailed-look-at-gms-ls-motor-plans.html

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f20213c0-ef6f-427c-a7e1-9a2000e25418.htm

Oh now thats sex

ugh, just amazing

the srt guys with their viper really arnt keeping up, they take one step and chevy takes like one mile